First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
The Rubicon is not the off-road rig it was back in '03 it's first year. What Jeep needs to do is have a COPO Camaro. I will give it a name...Rubicon ORO (Off Road Only). What will this do? It will give Jeep a CHEAP Jeep and one you can build out to your liking. The options are few. It's not you mama's grocery getter, its bare bones with few options to go wrong.

The Rubicon ORO comes in 2 door only. It has basic flat steel bumpers TJ Style allowing the buyer to find their own style. Seats are water resistant canvas Duck. 6 Sp manual Trans.

And this is the option sheet:

Dynatrac ProRock 60's : https://www.dynatrac.com/axle-assemblies/prorock-60-axle.html
Comes with ARB Lockers and 4:88 or 5:38 gears

Air Conditioning

AEV Water Snorkel Kit: https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jk-snorkel/

AEV Borah DualSport Bead Lock wheels: https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jl-borah/#color

Colors: Flat: Black, OD Green, FDE Flat Dark Earth, Moab Red

Seats are standard with Cotton Canvas Duck: In OD Green, Moab Red or Desert Tan

Transmission: 8 Speed Auto

Tub: JeepX (LineX) Black only

8.4" Nav/Radio System in a water-resistant enclosure w/roll bar mounted speakers

Cruise Control: For those who plan to drive to the trails
Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
You forgot to mention that it comes standard with half doors and a soft top.

The reality is that Jeep makes a no-frills Sport and a basic Rubicon and for some reason have decided they’d rather let the aftermarket get the profits from the other stuff you mentioned. They DID come out with crate 60’s in the Mopar catalogue

OP
OP
Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
You forgot to mention that it comes standard with half doors and a soft top.

The reality is that Jeep makes a no-frills Sport and a basic Rubicon and for some reason have decided they’d rather let the aftermarket get the profits from the other stuff you mentioned. They DID come out with crate 60’s in the Mopar catalogue
Think along the lines of a Chevy Camaro CPO. They don't make a real basic vehicle...think TJ base Rubicon...

BullMoose1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I remember the old days of CJ7s, when a Jeep wasn't a Jeep if it wasn't a CJ5.

Then later came the days of the YJ and TJ, when a Jeep wasn't a Jeep if it wasn't a CJ7.

Then the 4 door abomination (oh Lawd!) and V6 ( gasp! Where is the I6????!? Where is my fainting couch????!?). That JK was surely the end of Jeep.

Instead the JK because the best selling Jeep of all time. OF ALL TIME!

And now, here we are with the JL, which will have a diesel next year.

I sense a "Say /Do Dichotomy" here. Jeeps keep getting better, we keep buying them, and all I hear is how much they suck.

#realjeepsdonthaveac

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I remember the old days of CJ7s, when a Jeep wasn't a Jeep if it wasn't a CJ5.

Then later came the days of the YJ and TJ, when a Jeep wasn't a Jeep if it wasn't a CJ7.

Then the 4 door abomination (oh Lawd!) and V6 ( gasp! Where is the I6????!? Where is my fainting couch????!?). That JK was surely the end of Jeep.

Instead the JK because the best selling Jeep of all time. OF ALL TIME!

And now, here we are with the JL, which will have a diesel next year.

I sense a "Say /Do Dichotomy" here. Jeeps keep getting better, we keep buying them, and all I hear is how much they suck.

#realjeepsdonthaveac
TRUE. I've owned them all and don't mind one bit upgrading when a new model comes out, but for some reason the "old" guys like to trash the new models. I'm sure I will get crap about how "it must be nice to have all that money", when it's really the guys with F250's, tandem axle trailers, and TJ's or JK's on 40's who have invested a great deal more cash.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I get where Ole Cowboy is coming from, a rubicon with the body of a sport; manual windows, Econ, soft top and half doors with sliders, am/fm/cd/sat/Bluetooth, stick shift and cloth, only comes in white with rubber floors, MT’s on steelies. Plastic bumpers and no fancy hood.

Wasn’t that what the short lived Rubicon X was supposed to be?

Throw in Dana 60’s and spray the whole thing Polane and include a hydro and air pump and I’m in.

OP
OP
Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
I get where Ole Cowboy is coming from, a rubicon with the body of a sport; manual windows, Econ, soft top and half doors with sliders, am/fm/cd/sat/Bluetooth, stick shift and cloth, only comes in white with rubber floors, MT’s on steelies. Plastic bumpers and no fancy hood.

Wasn’t that what the short lived Rubicon X was supposed to be?

Throw in Dana 60’s and spray the whole thing Polane and include a hydro and air pump and I’m in.
YEP! Like the Camaro CPO. Chevy makes 69 every year, it's a race car, stripped down bare, comes in white only and you order up the engine(s) you want and the trans and go racing. They are crate motors so you can get more than one. Chevy called me last year and asked if I wanted one, I thought on it for a few days and called back and told them to pass it on to someone who will NOT let it set out in the barn...since I have NO family to leave my estate to why leave something in the barn that few folks would have any idea what or why?

Off roading is BIG $$$$$ business and Jeep should consider making some limited runs of Rubicons that are meant to be BUILT and taken to the trails. First thing is to get the electronics out of and waterproof the rest you need to have...this is easy to do. They could bring this to market for $29,995 + options.

These would be builders and everyone who buys one, gets an invite to Moab or Johnson Valley etc every year for a 3 day run the trails, meet with Jeep Engineers and Jeep Division Mgrs. This is what they did for us lucky ones that ordered one of the first 50 Rubicons. Word was the Rubicon was going to be very limited, Jeep told me they did not think the Rubicon would see more than a few thousand sales and were not sure there would be a year 2 for the Rubicon. The Rubicon exists today because Jeep did that meet in Moab and because the key engineers on the Jeep Suspension and Driveline, WERE Jeepers!
Sponsored