Sponsored

Jeep star graphic for non veteran?

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Hey all,

I just received my gator green JT and saw this “distressed star” decal on many jeeps. I think it would look great on my JT but am a bit wary to do it since I’m not a vet.

Any vets out there that can give an opinion on this? While I like the graphic, I don’t want to offend the men and women that have served our country. I don’t really see it as stolen valor, but it makes me uncomfortable enough to ask some vets on here lol.
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Hey all,

I just received my gator green JT and saw this “distressed star” decal on many jeeps. I think it would look great on my JT but am a bit wary to do it since I’m not a vet.

Any vets out there that can give an opinion on this? While I like the graphic, I don’t want to offend the men and women that have served our country. I don’t really see it as stolen valor, but it makes me uncomfortable enough to ask some vets on here lol.
I think it also pays respects to all the Jeep's that we're in the war ect. Jeep was always seen as a military vehicle for a long time, it doesn't necessarily have to be if your in the military

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I think its more to celebrate the Jeep Brand while displaying its history in the U.S. As a Vet, I wouldn't think twice about if the driver "qualified" for a Army Star on their Jeep. its a sticker, not a Medal. Get it, drive it and enjoy it!

But for heavens sake, pick an avatar (display photo) & get your garage photos up and running, we'd like to enjoy some pics of your JT.

and give me a dang "like", would ya?

Last edited:

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I’m a veteran (11 years Navy) and I view it as a sign of respect and take zero offense, in fact I give you props.

Sponsored

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Agree with the above, put the stickers on, driver it with pride. Mine is Destroyer Grey " just love that name more so than the other" and I certainly do.

Heck, make it as military as you wish, Im just waiting for pics.

LMAO Trippn, I had to give you a like.

Semper Fi

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Interesting take on something. I am a vet and never even considered the star decals even being a vet owner only thing. Like others mentioned, it is basically an homage at best.

Last edited:

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Vet here too. Knock yourself out. I don't think any of us have any attachment to the star decal.

Sponsored

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
8 years in the Army here, I agree with the others, the star decal is not a veteran thing. More for Jeep’s heritage starting with military vehicles in WW2. I have a CIB on my current truck and will on my JT as well, that’s a veteran only thing, specifically an 11 or 18 series that have earned it.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Yep, agree with what others wrote. 27-1/2 years USAF. Aircrew in Vietnam War, Desert Storm, Bosnia.

Jimmy-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Hey all,

It's your Jeep, do what you like.

Army Infantry Vet
Sponsored