First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
You canā€™t treat butt hurt like it is a simple headache. I swear Iā€™m going to sound like some old man screaming at kids to get off my lawn, but the fragility of the emotionally intolerant today is mind boggling. You want something, go efing get it. Stop whining about your shitty life and how horribly racist everyone is who doesnā€™t think like you. Stop trying to cancel out the history of this country. Itā€™s not perfect, many crappy things happened along the way. We still have more work to do, but progress is being made. Even the fat ass who canā€™t get laid is now referred to as an ā€œincelā€, trying to say itā€™s not their fault no one will have sex with them. It is your fault. You are a waste of flesh, a non-contributor, a taker not a giver.

So what does this have to do with this poorly conceived commercial? Everything. This is written from the perspective of a doer, a traditionalist, someone who wants people to take accountability and get on with their life. When individuals take personal accountability while caring for others (not taking care of them, but respecting them and expecting they will do the same) we all grow. It completely misses the unfortunate fact that there is a growing movement to cancel our past, blame everyone but ourselves for every problem we have and shout down anyone who disagrees with this dangerous and leftist position. We shouldnā€™t be disgusted with this commercial as poor as it is. We should be disgusted with the cancel culture, the PC police, the restrictions on free speech, the controlling of media. If fact, we should be afraid.

Iā€˜ll get off my soapbox, the commercial sucked.

Sponsored

BuckeyeJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Finance
Itā€™s a well developed political ad that means well. Probably plays well to the left base of their clients, which seemed to be the majority in the last election.

If we remember, I think the Biden campaign had a bunch of Jeepā€™s parked around his stage at one juncture.

I like my JT, but this call to unity rings hollow when the President says he is going to unite, then immediately turns left and flips anything to the right of that the bird.

Wish companies would just stick to their product and forget politics.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
Awful. I won't be watching the super bowl anyway, and this is a big part of the reason why. I wish football players would just play football, and Jeep would just build vehicles. I don't need to be force fed their opinion on anything other than that.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Itā€™s a well developed political ad that means well. Probably plays well to the left base of their clients, which seemed to be the majority in the last election.

If we remember, I think the Biden campaign had a bunch of Jeepā€™s parked around his stage at one juncture.

I like my JT, but this call to unity rings hollow when the President says he is going to unite, then immediately turns left and flips anything to the right of that the bird.

Wish companies would just stick to their product and forget politics.
Lol. Sorry if you think unity means he is supposed to just sit on his hands and leave everything as is so the fans of the former president don't get sad.

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Guy in the commercial looks like he just lost his job on the pipeline.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Iā€™m a Springsteen fan but he can be a little preachy. Iā€™m an independent and think we do need to find common ground. Every time I have voted since GWB v Gore ( first election) I have had the attitude that when my choice did not prevail I wanted the person who was elected to be successful. Both parties have squandered opportunities to unite us and the media has done its part to manipulate and divide us. We need a leader to rise above it all and do what is best for the vast majority

Backwoodsraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jts
You canā€™t treat butt hurt like it is a simple headache. I swear Iā€™m going to sound like some old man screaming at kids to get off my lawn, but the fragility of the emotionally intolerant today is mind boggling. You want something, go efing get it. Stop whining about your shitty life and how horribly racist everyone is who doesnā€™t think like you. Stop trying to cancel out the history of this country. Itā€™s not perfect, many crappy things happened along the way. We still have more work to do, but progress is being made. Even the fat ass who canā€™t get laid is now referred to as an ā€œincelā€, trying to say itā€™s not their fault no one will have sex with them. It is your fault. You are a waste of flesh, a non-contributor, a taker not a giver.

So what does this have to do with this poorly conceived commercial? Everything. This is written from the perspective of a doer, a traditionalist, someone who wants people to take accountability and get on with their life. When individuals take personal accountability while caring for others (not taking care of them, but respecting them and expecting they will do the same) we all grow. It completely misses the unfortunate fact that there is a growing movement to cancel our past, blame everyone but ourselves for every problem we have and shout down anyone who disagrees with this dangerous and leftist position. We shouldnā€™t be disgusted with this commercial as poor as it is. We should be disgusted with the cancel culture, the PC police, the restrictions on free speech, the controlling of media. If fact, we should be afraid.

Iā€˜ll get off my soapbox, the commercial sucked.
Borrowing this for another page. Basically summed it up

Status
Not open for further replies.