First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
So I was under the impression that when you buy a new jeep you get your first 3 oil changes free... according to the jeep wave program... however I take my truck in to have it’s oil change done and now I’m billed $30 because and I quote “Jeep/Chrysler only pays $50 towards the oil change and $10 towards the tire rotation”. I may have gotten scammed but I didn’t bother over the $30 because I didn’t have the time nor the patience to go to another dealer to find out. However if this is the case, then why tf is the manufacturer only paying a fraction and leaving the dealer to cover the rest? If it’s a manufacturers program I thought they would plan ahead and be sure that they cover it entirely. Again it’s only $30, but it irritates me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DTJB

DTJB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
The dealer made it known that it was something they were doing but it still surprises me that the dealers are being asked to cover a manufacturer service to an extent

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
So I was under the impression that when you buy a new jeep you get your first 3 oil changes free... according to the jeep wave program... however I take my truck in to have it’s oil change done and now I’m billed $30 because and I quote “Jeep/Chrysler only pays $50 towards the oil change and $10 towards the tire rotation”. I may have gotten scammed but I didn’t bother over the $30 because I didn’t have the time nor the patience to go to another dealer to find out. However if this is the case, then why tf is the manufacturer only paying a fraction and leaving the dealer to cover the rest? If it’s a manufacturers program I thought they would plan ahead and be sure that they cover it entirely. Again it’s only $30, but it irritates me.
Free means Free...I believe you got scammed.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
been a while, but i seem to remember .3hr for a oil change and .1hr for a tire rotation (assuming the vehicle was already in the air).

$60 for .4 of an hour on guys you're probably paying sub $25/hr means labor costs on an oil change are less than $10. If they can't find a way to get 5 quarts of synthetic blend and recycling for under $40, that's the dealer's problem.

Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)

You were definitely scammed/misinformed, and that’s probably a common practice at this dealer. EVERY Jeep product now comes standard with Jeep wave for 3 years, and each one of those services is free. You should never had paid them a dime. If I were you I’d look for a different dealer that’s convenient to you, for the next service.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
You should contact @JeepCares and ask them about it. I got four free Jeep Wave Oil changes (bought in 2019) plus two free from the dealer. Didn't pay a cent for any of them.

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just had mine done. Didn't pay anything. I showed up at the quick service lane and told them I wanted a Jeep wave oil change and tire rotation.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have had three changes at three different dealers, never paid a dime. You got taken.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I was told not only by Jeep Cares but also by the dealer that I get 3 oil changes and tire rotations free for the first 3 years. My first one was free. Not a dime out of pocket

Sponsored

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
Wait just a minute! I get free oil changes and tire rotations? I didn't even know that! I ordered a 2022 Mojave. What else do I get? Are all the warranties the same on all new Jeeps? I ordered from Gupton.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Wait just a minute! I get free oil changes and tire rotations? I didn't even know that! I ordered a 2022 Mojave. What else do I get? Are all the warranties the same on all new Jeeps? I ordered from Gupton.
Well if it's a diesel.......a possible fuel pump failure.... guessing a leaking right rear axle seal too.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Name the dealership please.

Help others to avoid the scammers.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
You should contact @JeepCares and ask them about it. I got four free Jeep Wave Oil changes (bought in 2019) plus two free from the dealer. Didn't pay a cent for any of them.
Thanks for tagging us here. We recommend calling Jeep Wave directly at 844-533-7928 to discuss further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What does your invoice say and itemize out showing what supposedly Jeep only pays and what the dealership says you owe?

Just about all the dealerships use the same ticket write up and billing system. There should have been coding in there for the Jeep Wave service that lines out any customer charging and bills it as a prepaid contract/warranty service.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep wave oil change? Warranty
Sponsored