JKS Flex Connect for Mojave

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Hi, while waiting for my Mojave to arrive I am putting together my minor mod list which will simply be 35's, 3/4 inch rear daystar spacer, either same for the front or Teraflex 1 inch with the 1 inch bump stop extension, may add a 1/2 inch Teraflex rear bump stop also. I have always used JKS disconnects on my 3 past Jeeps, a 2dr, 4dr and Gladiator Overland.. with the Mojave my feeling is I might be better off running the Flex Connect to get a bit more travel and less bobble head action on trails, I will never be desert running but will be enjoying forest service roads and modest trails in the Northeast, as in Ontario Canada. I also feel like running these with the medium or possibly softest springs will preserve the expensive front shocks by not allowing them to be the travel limiter at their full extension.

I am not aware of any difference for the sway bar mounts on this model vs a sport etc..

Has anybody tried this on a Mojave yet?!?!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Bump, how about is anybody running these on any Gladiator model?!?

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I believe on the JKS there is a tab on the Mojave that needs to be cut off. I didn't want to do that so I purchased the APEX Sway Bar Disconnects. Expensive but bolts right up without cutting anything.

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
I believe on the JKS there is a tab on the Mojave that needs to be cut off. I didn't want to do that so I purchased the APEX Sway Bar Disconnects. Expensive but bolts right up without cutting anything.
+1 here. Got the apex on order to keep it simple.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Thanks for your reply. I did have to cut a bracket off the front passenger side on my 2020 Overland for the JKS disconnects.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Did you have to cut any inner fender to fit the APEX links on the Mojave?

Need to research as I am not sure if these links provide any resistance to help with stability like the anti rock system and the flex connect.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I would suggest driving it first. I’ve had mine on some pretty twisty trails and don’t find a need to disconnect the sway bar. It rides nice as is. YMMV

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Did you have to cut any inner fender to fit the APEX links on the Mojave?
I didn't on stock suspension.
Need to research as I am not sure if these links provide any resistance to help with stability like the anti rock system and the flex connect.
No resistance.

Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Hi, while waiting for my Mojave to arrive I am putting together my minor mod list which will simply be 35's, 3/4 inch rear daystar spacer, either same for the front or Teraflex 1 inch with the 1 inch bump stop extension, may add a 1/2 inch Teraflex rear bump stop also. I have always used JKS disconnects on my 3 past Jeeps, a 2dr, 4dr and Gladiator Overland.. with the Mojave my feeling is I might be better off running the Flex Connect to get a bit more travel and less bobble head action on trails, I will never be desert running but will be enjoying forest service roads and modest trails in the Northeast, as in Ontario Canada. I also feel like running these with the medium or possibly softest springs will preserve the expensive front shocks by not allowing them to be the travel limiter at their full extension.

I am not aware of any difference for the sway bar mounts on this model vs a sport etc..

Has anybody tried this on a Mojave yet?!?!

I read somewhere the Mojave sway bar is about 20% softer then the other JT's. I would do like @azmojave suggested and wait until you get it and drive it, might not be an issue.

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Is it as easy to install as the videos online? Did you have trouble centering anything. Some guys mentioned needing a bunch of washers
Installation was simple and easy, I did use washers to help get the alignment of the links a bit better. They are not perfectly aligned even with added washers. Working fine and I don't anticipate any problems.

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I spoke with the JKS distributor up here in Canada and the Flex Connect system doesn't require cutting the bracket off on the JL/JT like the standard disconnect system. Have a look at the link and you will see how they're designed to use the standard mounting brackets on the passenger side;

https://jksmfg.ca/flex-connect-sway-bar-link-kit

OP
OP
Bjeepz

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
As for the Mojave sway bar being softer, that appears to be true. Edmunds did an RTI test with the Mojave and it scored slightly better than a Rubicon with the sway bar connected, but not a massive difference. The video shows a comparison of both sway bars. Both rigs are not in the video, he shows the connected point for the Rubicon on the ramp;

My ZR2 scores better than the Mojave....
Sponsored