First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Going on an Ecodiesel looking at 3.5" with 35" tires. Suggestions? Experience? Better of the three. Moderate off-road. Will be set up for overlanding with all the gear. Including aftermarket bumpers and winch.
Sponsored

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Going on an Ecodiesel looking at 3.5" with 35" tires. Suggestions? Experience? Better of the three. Moderate off-road. Will be set up for overlanding with all the gear. Including aftermarket bumpers and winch.
I ordered the Clayton 2.5 Overland kit (with Fox shocks)-- can't wait. For me, it was the maintenance free joints, the heavy duty springs and great customer service (they returned all texts and emails immediately...

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I ordered the Clayton 2.5 Overland kit (with Fox shocks)-- can't wait. For me, it was the maintenance free joints, the heavy duty springs and great customer service (they returned all texts and emails immediately...
Let me know how it goes once you get it. What size tires? I was thinking the 3.5 and 35s its a sport s.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I have the MC dual rate lift with Rocksport shocks and Driveshaft paired with 37” D-rated Nitto RG. I really like the outboard shock mounts that MC offers, and their rock sport shocks they offer are fire; price friendly, long travel, and Effn smooth on my Jeep. Each Jeep configuration will differ.

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
No way to compare ... can only offer that I'm in love with my Clayton 2.5 Overland plus and will get another Clayton if/when my boss (wife) gets her JLUR. Same needs/purpose (moderate off-road, overland/family camping).
Good luck!

Sponsored

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
another plug for 35s w/ Clayton 2.5 overland lift. it's great. took it wheeling recently and it did great w/ moderate trails. i also have a bit of weight on the truck w/ the bed rack, rolling tonneau cover, front bumper and winch, The lift is maintaining it's height very well. with the TSB steering gear also done (before the lift) it's driving great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Clayton 3.5" Overland plus kit in action - level and stuffed with 37s

Jeep Gladiator JKS, Metalcloak, or Clayton lift qkglUa

Jeep Gladiator JKS, Metalcloak, or Clayton lift qkglUa
Nice. I really have no need for 37s. Plus mine is a sport s. Ecodiesel. So far Clayton lifts have been showing up. Guessing I really can't go wrong with any of the three. Metalcloak shop is like 2 hours away from home. But I really like the JKS warranty. I'll have to read more on the Clayton lift. Thanks

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Nice. I really have no need for 37s. Plus mine is a sport s. Ecodiesel. So far Clayton lifts have been showing up. Guessing I really can't go wrong with any of the three. Metalcloak shop is like 2 hours away from home. But I really like the JKS warranty. I'll have to read more on the Clayton lift. Thanks
Yes, they are all great quality vendors. Since you have the diesel and it weighs an additional 400 lbs up front, I would call each vendor and ask if they have specific front springs for the diesel vs. the gas in their lift kit. The spring rate for the diesel should be 20 lbs or 30 lbs or ?? higher than the gas front spring rate. This will insure that you get the full lift you paid for and have plenty of clearance for your bump stops.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Free2roam

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
another plug for 35s w/ Clayton 2.5 overland lift. it's great. took it wheeling recently and it did great w/ moderate trails. i also have a bit of weight on the truck w/ the bed rack, rolling tonneau cover, front bumper and winch, The lift is maintaining it's height very well. with the TSB steering gear also done (before the lift) it's driving great.
Got any pics of it? Tire size? Specs? Thanks

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Got any pics of it? Tire size? Specs? Thanks
there are photos floating around in other threads but here’s one. falken at3w 35/12.5 on stock rubicon wheels. rig specs in sig

Jeep Gladiator JKS, Metalcloak, or Clayton lift 9C6DE021-93D4-46BE-90FF-EE554C06DB65
Sponsored