JL Audio under seat Stealthbox thoughts? SB-J-JTGLAD/10TW1

breezytrees

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sting grey gladiator
Jeep Gladiator JL Audio under seat Stealthbox thoughts? SB-J-JTGLAD/10TW1 SB-J-JTGLAD-10TW1-CA

https://www.jlaudio.com/products/sb-j-jtglad-10tw1-car-audio-stealthbox-94681

$1099. Contains two 10TW1-4 Subwoofers in a sealed enclosure. 600 watt power handling. Wired for 2 ohm mono.

My (amateur) thoughts:
1. I like that they are down-firing.
2. I like how clean it is. It looks absolutely factory, and perfectly contours to the rear seat rubber mat.
3. Contains 2x 10TW1-4 subs (4 ohm). I think this is good because our existing gladiator speakers are all 4 ohm?
4. It's wired for 2 ohm. I have no idea what this means. How can something be wired for 2 ohm, but the speakers are 4 ohm?
5. expensive @ $1099

Thoughts?
Sponsored

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Two 4-ohm speakers wired in parallel makes the amp see 2-ohms. For those JL’s you better get a clean and hefty amp!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
That is a pretty nice setup! I am a big JL audio fan. Everything always seems to over deliver, I bet this is no different.

jdysart

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 50th Anniversary, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Programmer
Vehicle Showcase
That is a pretty nice setup! I am a big JL audio fan. Everything always seems to over deliver, I bet this is no different.
It’s a great setup. I just installed that and some new speakers all around with a JL VXi1000/5 amp and it made a huge difference. The bass is great. I have been rocking JL Audio in every vehicle since the 90’s and have never been disappointed.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Wish I had known about this in April. I would have bought it instead of trying to build one

I have about the same money wrapped up between tools, materials, and subs & amp
And it definitely isn't as good as that one

Sponsored

ffdfrontman

First Name
Jereme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Off-Road Racing
Anyone interested in this I can get them about 100$ off just below 1k. I am not making a dollar on it nor am I a dealer I just know a guy at JL audio (can get anything JL direct from them less than retail).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone interested in this I can get them about 100$ off just below 1k. I am not making a dollar on it nor am I a dealer I just know a guy at JL audio (can get anything JL direct from them less than retail).
What could he get me a pair (2) of the 10W3V3-2 (2 ohm) subs for?

Need them for my 07 Dodge 2500 to go under the backseat. Just seeing how cheaply he can get them...

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
What could he get me a pair (2) of the 10W3V3-2 (2 ohm) subs for?

Need them for my 07 Dodge 2500 to go under the backseat. Just seeing how cheaply he can get them...

Umm...shouldn’t your reply, mister Alabama mud machine, be to ffdfrontman with a pm???

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ffdfrontman

First Name
Jereme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Off-Road Racing
Hahahaha I’ll pm a response in a pm tomorrow when they’re open for business.

BrnxBomr2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch
It’s a great setup. I just installed that and some new speakers all around with a JL VXi1000/5 amp and it made a huge difference. The bass is great. I have been rocking JL Audio in every vehicle since the 90’s and have never been disappointed.
I am looking to get this and have always been a JL Audio customer, but it has been several years since I put a system in my JT. I have a JT LE with the Alpine upgrade and would like to put in a simple upgrade with a JL Stealthbox, JL Amp with amp rack, remote control knob and OEM integration. Is this a simple thing to add or would it be difficult with the Alpine system? I would maybe just replace the stereo speakers to JL 2 way speakers all around.

ffdfrontman

First Name
Jereme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Off-Road Racing
I am looking to get this and have always been a JL Audio customer, but it has been several years since I put a system in my JT. I have a JT LE with the Alpine upgrade and would like to put in a simple upgrade with a JL Stealthbox, JL Amp with amp rack, remote control knob and OEM integration. Is this a simple thing to add or would it be difficult with the Alpine system? I would maybe just replace the stereo speakers to JL 2 way speakers all around.
send me a pm of the part #s I can get you pricing.