First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm trading to a new JL this Summer. I'm very happy with the JK seating position/comfort. Those of you who have moved from JK to JL, do you find the seating experience comparable?

I've tried the JL, but not for an extended time. [They seemed comparable]
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I was/am comfortable in both as well.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I liked the JK seats my 2015 had. They were squishier, but had no lumbar support.. so there's that.

I find my JL more comfortable overall! The seats are super comfortable, especially adding the lumbar support. The door panel doesn't have that annoying lock button thing that poked at my knee, and the dash doesn't have the annoying mirror adjust knob that I randomly banged my other knee into.

So yeah, I think the JL is more comfy than the JK was.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
The JL is definitely more comfortable on long trips. Don’t think I could tell on short trips. JL is more firm.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is just what I was hoping to hear. 15 years ago I tried to like a new TJ (enough to buy it), but I couldn't get comfortable in the drivers seat.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was comfortable in my '15 JKU, but wouldn't classify it as perfect. I added a dead pedal which helped tremendously. However, in my '15, I found that my left knee would always rub/lean against the door. On long trips this got very annoying. On my '20 JLU, I'm still getting used to the seat and seating position. I've only had the vehicle for 3 weeks. One of my 1st mods was a dead pedal and, once again, it helps tremendously. I find the seat side bolsters to be more supportive. I also find the lumbar, turned down as far as it will go, a bit too stiff. My left knee does not touch the door, but now I find that my left shin rubs against the door harness. I chalk it up to being a Jeep thing.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
The seats in my 14JKUS caused me a lot of soreness in my lower back. The seats in my 18JLR seem much better

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Theyre very comfortable imo. Theyre very firm which I find comfortable. So comfortable I always need to carry coffee when I drive the jeep.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Both my wife and I, and a few people I know that also have recently swapped think the seating position and seat comfort was overall better in the JK. The JL is nice for sure, but on long days on the trail (6+ hours) and long road trips of the same distance I seem to be more sore and tired in the JL. However, everything else about the JL in nicer inside and makes up for it to me. As soon as there are some good alternate seat options I will explore. I am shorter, so that could be it for me, and my cousin is 6'5" and a little taller and that could be it for him. For the average height person the JL may be better all around.

if I had to chose based on interior alone, I would go JL all day. Other categories it could go back and forth depending on exactly what you plan to do with it.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I'm trading to a new JL this Summer. I'm very happy with the JK seating position/comfort. Those of you who have moved from JK to JL, do you find the seating experience comparable?

I've tried the JL, but not for an extended time. [They seemed comparable]

I eat lots of poutine with bacon , drink lots of beer and eat at least half a dozen of donuts for breakfast and I feel good in that JL seat

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
The one thing I don’t like is it seems that the tranny tunnel is wider near the gas pedal. I feel like my lower right leg is pushed too far to the left.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I eat lots of poutine with bacon , drink lots of beer and eat at least half a dozen of donuts for breakfast and I feel good in that JL seat
Tim Hortons? (we even know about them in Arizona)

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Just made a 4 hr roadtrip through the mountains. My wife slept most of the trip. When we arrived she actually commented how comfortable she thought the seats were. I feel like they are overall very comfortable. I had a '16 JK sahara loaner for about a week and though those seats sucked.
Sponsored