Journey America Jeep Edition - Gladiator Build

rjm727

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
We are starting from scratch with our brand new 2020 JTR. We test drove a number of models (not just Gladiator) before deciding on this Rubicon. (or maybe it decided on us....not sure which way that went :like:)

On the day we purchased, Dec 26th, 2020, we did not stop at the dealer with the intent of buying. We stopped in to "look" again. The dealer was PACKED due to year end deals and employee pricing. The salesman advised the top model that qualified for the employee pricing was the Overlander. We had not driven the Overlander so we took it for a ride. I have to say, it drove very nice. It had most of the bells and whistles we were looking for and I thought it would be a great starting point for the build. After the test drive, we parked in front of the dealership and walked in to "see what they could do." As we approached the front door, a black Rubicon was parked in the entry way (strategically located without a doubt!). I stopped briefly to admire and the salesman stated that, although it didn't qualify for employee pricing, it was their last 2020 and he may even be able to do better on the discount than the Overlander.

We sat down and he asked the usual, "what would it take to earn your business today?" LOL...I think the 20 something thought that might be the first time I had ever heard something so slick...:LOL:. I told him that we were still in the shopping phase and that it would probably take a better deal than they were willing to make for us to purchase today. Neverless, the eager salesman went to talk to his manager to see what they could do. He came back with an average offer. At that point, I thanked him for his time but told him we were not in a hurry and would continue looking. About this time, the manager came over, pointed at the bottom line, and asked what number I would need there to buy the Rubicon today. I thought for a minute and gave him, what I thought, would be a ridiculous number. He called my bluff... We bought the black Rubicon sitting in the entry way for $47,500. (MSRP was over $55k)

The Journey begins. We are going to document the entire build here and on YouTube. We are very much looking forward to your input, ideas, and opinions. We have already gleaned several ideas from the members here and hope we can offer the same inspiration for others. We are RVers, Harley riders, and Jeepers and really enjoy the camaraderie that each brings as well as how they all tie together.

For the record, not first time Jeep builder but going in a very different direction. My last build was a 2014 JKU. I will put a pic of the final (if there is such a thing) product below.

First update/review will be polish and ceramic coating for the paint...look for that next week.

Excited to be here...looking forward to the Journey

Jeep Gladiator Journey America Jeep Edition - Gladiator Build IMG_0036

Jeep Gladiator Journey America Jeep Edition - Gladiator Build IMG_0039

Jeep Gladiator Journey America Jeep Edition - Gladiator Build IMG_0041

Jeep Gladiator Journey America Jeep Edition - Gladiator Build IMG_0049

Jeep Gladiator Journey America Jeep Edition - Gladiator Build IMG_0080

Jeep Gladiator Journey America Jeep Edition - Gladiator Build IMG_4583

Jeep Gladiator Journey America Jeep Edition - Gladiator Build 20180502_080832_IMG_0896

The 2014 JKU...bought from same dealer in Lakeland brand new in 2014. This was a sport model and the only option it had was power windows. Everything else was done from the ground up in the garage. AEV 3.5 Lift with reservoir shocks, Nitto 35 Trail Grapplers wrapping Fuel 18" wheels, JCR front and rear bumpers, JCR, fender flares, JCR inner wheel well liners w/ orange LED behind, JCR rock guards, KC Lights, Smittybilt 10,000 winch, fastback soft top, Spydershade, Tube Doors (not pictured), Switch Pod with Relay panel
Sponsored