Sponsored

JPeggz vs KikBax combo Mirrors & Foot Pegs

brog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
It's door off time again. For those that have used or experience both JPeggz and KikBax what was your opinion? Anything standout from on over the other (besides the custom foot pegs)? If I don't go with the mirror/peg combo, I'm looking at the Lange Coyotes. Let me know your thoughts and if there are any real gotchas that would rule one out. Thanks.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I never understood foot pegs personally. If I wanna manspread, the lower door hinge is a comfy enough place to rest my foot.

I'm just here to tell you how much I love my Lange Coyotes. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I have the kickbax’s. I converted my jk version to fit my JT and the mirrors I use are some rugged ridge ones. Personally, I love ‘em for the foot pegs. I love the feeling of stretching out just like I did on my old Harley street glide.
The con is the mirrors, they do hold in place very well but they shake at hwy speeds. But on the trail
 I haven’t had issues

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I wish someone would make a set of foot pegs for the JT/JL that mounted in the lower door hinge but also had an extended bracket that bolted/secured into the door check bolt hole using the existing door check bolt. A foot peg anchored using that bolt would mitigate pressure from the peg on the outer body panel. I have CMM mirrors since I got my JL in 2018 (sold in 2021 for the JT) and have been very happy with them.

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
I wish someone would make a set of foot pegs for the JT/JL that mounted in the lower door hinge but also had an extended bracket that bolted/secured into the door check bolt hole using the existing door check bolt. A foot peg anchored using that bolt would mitigate pressure from the peg on the outer body panel. I have CMM mirrors since I got my JL in 2018 (sold in 2021 for the JT) and have been very happy with them.
Do those mirrors utilize a quick disconnect system?

Sponsored

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
I also have the kikbax and love them. I got them for the mirrors not the pegs. My legs are too long to rest my foot on the door hinge. My knee is in my ear when I do that. The mirrors are stable, don’t wobble and the whole thing is easy to take on and off. You also don’t have to readjust them when you take them off and put them back on again

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I had the Jppegz and loved them but eventually sold them and moved to the Lange Coyote Mirrors which I like as well. My issue with the Jppegz was not major just something that didn't work for me. As my truck is outside I put my rain gear top on at night and it did not work well with the Jppegz. Also Storage. I was not able to put them behind my seat like I can with the Lange's. I don't think you would go wrong with any of them just depends on your situation. Both the Jppegz and the Langes are solid at high speeds cause I drive the freeway to work in my JT with the doors off all the time and doing 80 causes no problems for them.

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Surprising that this isn’t out there already. đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™‚ïž Regarding the foot peg reinforced to the door check bolt
..I agree 100%. I don’t like how the weight and pressure of my foot on the peg flexes the side panel. A rigid support bracket would solve this issue.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Surprising that this isn’t out there already. đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™‚ïž Regarding the foot peg reinforced to the door check bolt
..I agree 100%. I don’t like how the weight and pressure of my foot on the peg flexes the side panel. A rigid support bracket would solve this issue.
I contacted CMM a few years ago to see if they could make something like this and they wouldn’t do it because they don’t like the idea of resting feet outside after a friend of theirs had a mishap/accident and lost a foot or something. I don’t recall their exact reasoning, but it was something along those lines. I would buy a product like this if someone made one.
Sponsored