First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Would like to know, is that the same dash cam you had wired up before or a brand new one? Also, how did you run the wires? Did you use the same kit from Amazon to wire it up? Sorry for all the questions.
no, it's a new one, the other one didn't like getting spiked like a football after a touchdown.
Last week, I smelled it burning up. I was going to get another one of the same, but I didn't like two things about it.
1. Suction cup mount would decide to self eject off the windshield about once a month.
2. No GPS unless you order another mount.

So, I decided to try this one due to a endorsement from @Pat2Alaska
31WSTLNm1xL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NP8XQ31/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

First impression, I REALLY like this one, VERY easy setup, comes with 2 sticky mounts, GPS built in.

I used the same USB tap I had already installed, but had to run a new line up to the CAM, the other one was USB mini, this one is USB Micro.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
This is a pretty hefty install / removal not something quick when you have to go back to the dealer.
nLCuGNiIc1W_6f3aNz4XzxLcwumaEunhCMpr5-dxboegoTlPUr-OtL1q-5aW6c_v8xRil8v-O9CkxcD82A=w1055-h791-no.jpg

POST your thoughts on install, por favor Senior Juan.
OK, so I got this thing in today.
DISCLAIMER, I'm ONLY using it for the modes as I already have a TAZER-JL Mini.

Install:
sucks.
So, it took me just under an hour, BUT remember, I need a damn ladder just to reach the ECM. most of this is the OEM mount removal/new mount install.

Now, with that said, I'm pretty sure that I could pull this thing tomorrow if needed for a dealer visit in 15 minutes or less.
I'm going to change two of the bolts from the mount to the ECM/Pulsar to some type of quick release. If this works, it'll be a 5 minute swap. There'd be NO reason to change the mount, just unplug the two plugs, quick release it from the mount, separate the ECM and Pulsar, put the ECM on the mount and replug it.

I just installed the Pulsar by Edge products and I really like it. It is a tuner, but plugs into the ECM, not the OBDII port like other tuners I've used in the past. That made me nervous and it will be a pain to remove for when the Jeep needs to go to the dealership. It can be updated via the OBDII but you need an OBDII to USB cable to do it.

It has a stock, economy, tow and performance tune. Adjusts tire size, gear ratios, TPMS settings and allows memory hold for ESS.

I was getting about "16 mpg" after putting my 35's on my Rubicon manual transmission. After I installed the Pulsar I am getting 21+ mpg on the economy tune with slightly better throttle response. I have a Gibson exhaust coming this week and hope to see some slight improvements after that as well.

Install wasn't a breeze, but wasn't rocket science either. Just make sure you have extensions for your socket/ratchet set. My holes on the new bracket didn't line up exactly, but they were very close and some gentle persuasion was all it needed. I have over 1,000 miles with it and no issues.
So, I flipped thru the settings, and my first 'seat of the pants' impression?
only 20 miles or so today.
HOLYCHIT!
This is one of the best things I've done!
Stock: Stock
ECO: This will be my interstate road trip setting, seemed to like 8th a lot more than before! I hope to see the same kind of mileage improvement!
TOW: This will probably be my day-to-day. better pedal feel, woke it up, pepped it up, even on the 37s.
PERF: Only tried it for a minute as they say high octane and I don't want to detonate it. but seat of pants? YA, they lying. This thing woke right up and wanted to run! I felt more than a 30 HP boost.

This is SUPER to hear. Edge has always had good products. How do you like using it via the steering wheel controls and EVIC. Too bad it doesn't just have a phone app.
This will make my 3rd PowerTec tuner, This one IS impressive! :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Shit, had I known this was going to happen I wouldn't have booked my trip to Alabama.
trump map.png
Florida AND Alabama are now safe. :clap:
Hope he doesn't say Utah is in its path tomorrow. :LOL:

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Last thing today:
Changed the bolts so I could move the lightbar closer in to the top.
I don't have whistling, but the SunRider 'thumps' in wind. I think the space between the bar and the roof add to the effect.
Some have said it'll settle as the fabric relaxes.
I also just like it tucked closer.
Before:
upload_2019-9-13_22-24-8.png

After:
upload_2019-9-13_22-25-5.png

cf02KuUWPrN_J_1NypCxsPbw-qcHhoax5hj56Y3SCFASDQX_yqLPgj9CGP_yF--EQIpWMXIXbj2aHH19gw=w1055-h791-no.jpg

8VRrPNcN4xvAT62Zg-1Bj8rhUddX6twktZBEWpcHrXNf1w6fIuvzFiCfjlSsXAstY8FX_BFcHV_fu0M48A=w1055-h791-no.jpg

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
T1_dqyTg2MuX5j8ujCw51UIqGuYk04I_7mfcdL5mvxowbofd6nHbsG5b8LoXs8v1brq3UyZQQHNLMZaxOA=w1326-h791-no.jpg

Sponsored

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Awesome.. I'm following closely. I want the mods like the taser and was thinking of a pedal commander type thing as well. This seems to do both for less price.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Steering wheel controls are nice, but I did switch modes once or twice by accident hitting the cruise control buttons. Using the gas pedal from programming was interesting, but pretty simple. I wish there were a few more functions available, but I like it. I have not played with all of the modes like JP has, guess I will throw a tank of 91 octane in and see what happens on Performance...I have gone a few gears in Tow, but didn't notice that much difference in my manual.

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
upload_2019-9-17_11-55-46.png

upload_2019-9-17_11-56-25.png

upload_2019-9-17_11-57-0.png

upload_2019-9-17_11-57-41.png

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
and on Day 2, it was said:

LET THERE BE 37s!
Before:
bGEpw_V9GQi1KXpBClqwt4bO3huzpd57jcDS1NmDnUk8HvvivoMh-A65J2GqdTsUuN8MmGrmeubXcQ9s0w=w1055-h791-no.jpg

After:
S7EXrXz31Xhodn0uS40cc882IlE-rggg30EBmlATKfmufDI8ba3JcBkS745uGxCVvzLqmQf_FvzUIXA3bg=w1055-h791-no.jpg

and DATs how I roll... :rock:
Any rubbing with the 37's and the 2" Mopar Lift? I ordered my 2020 Sting Gray Rubi on 9/5 as well as the 2" Mopar Lift and 37x12.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Black Rhino wheels. The dealer "warned me" that there will likely be some rubbing. I have the Rubi steel bumper and plan to remove the sides ..... I have heard the rock guard on the side may need to be trimmed as well?

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Any rubbing with the 37's and the 2" Mopar Lift? I ordered my 2020 Sting Gray Rubi on 9/5 as well as the 2" Mopar Lift and 37x12.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Black Rhino wheels. The dealer "warned me" that there will likely be some rubbing. I have the Rubi steel bumper and plan to remove the sides ..... I have heard the rock guard on the side may need to be trimmed as well?
I have had ZERO rub.
(no off-road) but NO RUB.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I have had ZERO rub.
(no off-road) but NO RUB.
Thanks for confirming! I am the first person doing immediate mods to my Gladiator that this dealer has dealt with and I think their shop guys assume if it is so on the JK, JU then it is so on the Gladiator which isn't accurate.

I already have my 37's sitting in the garage.....Jeep id due to be here early October if all keeps pace.

Reactions: JP1

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
nLCuGNiIc1W_6f3aNz4XzxLcwumaEunhCMpr5-dxboegoTlPUr-OtL1q-5aW6c_v8xRil8v-O9CkxcD82A=w1055-h791-no.jpg

OK, so I got this thing in today.
DISCLAIMER, I'm ONLY using it for the modes as I already have a TAZER-JL Mini.

Install:
sucks.
So, it took me just under an hour, BUT remember, I need a damn ladder just to reach the ECM. most of this is the OEM mount removal/new mount install.

Now, with that said, I'm pretty sure that I could pull this thing tomorrow if needed for a dealer visit in 15 minutes or less.
I'm going to change two of the bolts from the mount to the ECM/Pulsar to some type of quick release. If this works, it'll be a 5 minute swap. There'd be NO reason to change the mount, just unplug the two plugs, quick release it from the mount, separate the ECM and Pulsar, put the ECM on the mount and replug it.

So, I flipped thru the settings, and my first 'seat of the pants' impression?
only 20 miles or so today.
HOLYCHIT!
This is one of the best things I've done!
Stock: Stock
ECO: This will be my interstate road trip setting, seemed to like 8th a lot more than before! I hope to see the same kind of mileage improvement!
TOW: This will probably be my day-to-day. better pedal feel, woke it up, pepped it up, even on the 37s.
PERF: Only tried it for a minute as they say high octane and I don't want to detonate it. but seat of pants? YA, they lying. This thing woke right up and wanted to run! I felt more than a 30 HP boost.

This will make my 3rd PowerTec tuner, This one IS impressive! :like:
Can someone give me the link to this programmer system? I would like to get one ordered for my 2020 but want to make sure I am looking at the correct thing.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Thanks - sorry to keep buggin you! Going to have piles of gear sitting in my garage by the time this shows up. So with this you can remove the start/stop function where the engine cuts off at a stoplight?

What have you seen as realistic fuel economy using this and having 37's? I also have a aFe cold air intake ordered as well. I was able to get my JKU (with 35's up to 18 MPG in summer without the hard top). Would be pretty stoked if I could get anywhere near that with the Gladiator and 37's.

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks - sorry to keep buggin you! Going to have piles of gear sitting in my garage by the time this shows up. So with this you can remove the start/stop function where the engine cuts off at a stoplight?

What have you seen as realistic fuel economy using this and having 37's? I also have a aFe cold air intake ordered as well. I was able to get my JKU (with 35's up to 18 MPG in summer without the hard top). Would be pretty stoked if I could get anywhere near that with the Gladiator and 37's.
Yes, The PULSAR can override the ESS.
Mileage, I am NOT a good example for this, I never get what others get. I'm at just over 14 now. I have only run about 50 miles on the PULSAR, and it would be GREAT to get another mile or two with it, but who knows.
Sponsored