JScan - Forced DPF regen

OP
OP

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
It showed up in the change log of the last app update on Android. Open the app and search for dpf

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
FYI,
JScan has added a DPF forced regen function and a reset function :party:
That and more.
I use JSCAN my phone to set idle speed up when using winch or jumping another vehicle.

You need the latest version - actually there's been a release since that one with the DPF. The latest is 12-15-2022. I think the DPF update came before that by a couple of weeks.
I don't have a diesel so have not dug into the exact location within the app.

TreeTownRanch

First Name
Scott Roberts
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecodiesel 2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Self employed
That and more.
I use JSCAN my phone to set idle speed up when using winch or jumping another vehicle.

You need the latest version - actually there's been a release since that one with the DPF. The latest is 12-15-2022. I think the DPF update came before that by a couple of weeks.
I don't have a diesel so have not dug into the exact location within the app.
What’s the process to set up the idle up feature? Can it be controlled without the obd plugged in?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the process to set up the idle up feature? Can it be controlled without the obd plugged in?
You have to have the security bypass cable in place and the OBD bluetooth adapter plugged in. It's a live feature.
I put my phone in the phone mount on the dash and use it that way.
Since it's bypassing security to make a live change to idle speed, it's got to be set up that way.
Not a big deal for me since I have the extension cables in place - if my bypass cable isn't already in place, takes seconds to plug things in and get going.
Once it's connected, you choose the idle speed and apply it and you watch it idle up - 1200, 1600, 1800 and so on.
Really handy for when using the winch with a load, or when using it for a length of time like loading a car onto a trailer with your JT. Keeps battery voltage up and less likely to trigger low voltage MIL lights and codes. Really nice if your Jeep batteries happen to be less than perfect.
Sponsored