Sponsored

Jscan not able to disable ESS

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
well I bought he single and the Vlinker MC*. Everything worked except disabling he ESS... kinda disappointed .
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
No software can disable it. Even tazer doesn't, it just sends the equivalent of a button press after you start the truck.

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
No software can disable it. Even tazer doesn't, it just sends the equivalent of a button press after you start the truck.
I would settle fr that from the JSCAN ... their FB reply was to disconnect he had plunger ... did that before buying the osb thing

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
well I bought he single and the Vlinker MC*. Everything worked except disabling he ESS... kinda disappointed .
ESS cannot be removed, turned off, or disabled. It is always active and functioning. The available hacks and devices only stop it from turning off the engine when it normally would. The 'live' devices do this by telling the computer that the button on the dash is always in the off position. The plunger hack puts the ESS system in a perpetual error state so that it doesn't turn the engine off. Since there is no ESS on or off setting to change in the truck computer, Jscan and AlfaOBD are unable to affect it.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
The off button is right next to the shifter that I must touch every time I start it. This is really a 1st world problem.
Sponsored