JT comes with Vaseline

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Well to be fair, we never saw the actual sticker or invoice to see what they started with, just the rapey bit at the end.

So in light of that, assuming it started life as a soft top sport, I myself agree, there had,, better be a price adjustment or a bed full of parts for all the stock components I paid for but never realized.

But at the same time, for all we know the new owner of this rig is happier than a pig in mud having rolled all of their wish list upgrades into the starting finance price from which the dealer will deduct their trade and credits once they end up in the little office where they insecently yap about extended warranties that somehow cover nothing and "protection packages" you don't want.

Given the choice between paing for it all up front or a few scheckles more a month, I'd rather amortize it across the life of financing.

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
Everyone has to bitch about something.

Here we have people bitching about other people getting fleeced/good deals with money that isn't theirs.

Classic gladiator forum butt hurt by proxy. When in doubt, crow about someone else's deal.
Heh

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Are you buying it? No? Then why do you care?

This is a literal nothing-burger thread. Hell, you can't even complain about the price until you actually see what was done to the vehicle itself. You posted a quick-n-dirty summary with zero detail or reference.
Isn't free speech great?

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Mudflap for the ol'dirt road?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Isn't free speech great?
Honestly, if we can't express opinions, either convergent or divergent, like gentlepeople, what good is being part of a forum?

To paraphrase another noteworthy forum;

Long time reader, I never thought it would happen to me but you'll never believe what happened when I found out another gladiator owner might be getting a raw dog deal... and then everyone clapped... and then they placed the Presidential Medal of Freedom around my neck and even the Pope clapped!

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
If you think this is bad you should have seen the TJs we used to sell... Fabtech long arm kits, wheels, and 33s would tack on $20k+ to a $25k X trim and people scooped them up. Had a Rubi Unlimited go for $80k one time.

Loved them in the shop though because they paid us like 16 hours for the full setup or 32 if it included a regear.

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
atleast you would get a lift lol. look at this one told them too just take off all the stuff

20220512_225626.jpg
Question: what’s a pedal kit for 228.00

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
The pandemic proved that buyers don't need dealerships nor salespeople to purchase vehicles. You can literally do everything on the internet with no pressure. From spec'ing out your vehicle to financing. Your vehicle can be delivered to your door.

Tesla does this every day. Rivian is now following suit. The strength of the National Automobile Dealership Association (NADA) is really the only reason dealers are still around in 2022.

I'm the car buff of the family and I've probably negotiated 60+ transactions with all sorts of dealers and all sorts of brands. I've had smooth sailing transactions and others that would make you spit blood. There's a reason the only profession that ranks lower for trustworthiness than car salespeople are members of Congress (source).

Car dealerships are dying and this kind of crap (mark-ups) are part of the reasons why.

Get it while you can dealers because the desperate days of promising toilet paper to sell a Gladiator will be few and far between... 🖕🖕🖕

ETGd2y-U0AAb2X7?format=jpg&name=360x360.jpg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I used to live in Arlington, and if this is Don Davis, well that's par for course. Go to Autonation in North Richland Hills. Classic is okay too.

Don Davis sold me a used 2016 Chevy Z71 a few years back that had an accident without disclosing it. It wasn't a salvage, but the airbag did deploy and they hid it. When I went back and told them I'd let them make it right by trading it in on a new JLU, they came back wanting more for the Jeep than advertised and low balling me on the trade. When I asked about the trade in value, the salesman (Tek Doko) told me the trade in was low because it had an accident. No kidding! STAY AWAY from Don Davis. All I can tell you.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
That is some mighty shady pool there Sir

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Well to be fair, we never saw the actual sticker or invoice to see what they started with, just the rapey bit at the end.

So in light of that, assuming it started life as a soft top sport, I myself agree, there had,, better be a price adjustment or a bed full of parts for all the stock components I paid for but never realized.

But at the same time, for all we know the new owner of this rig is happier than a pig in mud having rolled all of their wish list upgrades into the starting finance price from which the dealer will deduct their trade and credits once they end up in the little office where they insecently yap about extended warranties that somehow cover nothing and "protection packages" you don't want.

Given the choice between paing for it all up front or a few scheckles more a month, I'd rather amortize it across the life of financing.
It might have been Classic Jeep in TX, and a Willys with add-ons. I saw a couple that had aftermarket bumpers (F&R), so that might be the "Gladiator Package."
Sponsored