JT driving experience question

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
So, after driving my LE for the first 100 miles..... LOVE IT!!!! Feel so commanding in this rig. Even wife feels confident in it. Always laugh to see my 6 yr old struggle to climb into the backseat insisting no help needed cuz he's a big boy now.

2 questions I have:

1. When driving at any speed above 20 mph, the steering throws a bit to the left. Is this normal on the rubi LE?
2. Based on the forum, the steering feel loose at high speed. Is it suppose to be way loose like almost 90 degree swing on the steering?

I don't want to go to the dealership if I don't have to. The help from this forum is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Check your tire pressure.
most are being delivered with 40 psi, WAY too high.
I went down to 34, WAY better.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Congratutions on taking delivery. Had mine a week yesterday and have done 700 miles. I'm sure I'll love it even more as time progresses.

For your first question - if you mean you have to steer left slightly to track straight, mine does the same. Likely the Jeep wanting follow the road to the right due to the slight slope/crown. I attribute it to the same reason my motorcycle tires wear faster on the left.

As JP1 said, definitely bring your pressures down. Cold pressure recommendation is 37 psi and my truck was delivered at 43 psi. Made for an interesting drive home. Definitely adjust them down. You'll feel an immediate difference.

LowOnCash

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
So, after driving my LE for the first 100 miles..... LOVE IT!!!! Feel so commanding in this rig. Even wife feels confident in it. Always laugh to see my 6 yr old struggle to climb into the backseat insisting no help needed cuz he's a big boy now.

2 questions I have:

1. When driving at any speed above 20 mph, the steering throws a bit to the left. Is this normal on the rubi LE?
2. Based on the forum, the steering feel loose at high speed. Is it suppose to be way loose like almost 90 degree swing on the steering?

I don't want to go to the dealership if I don't have to. The help from this forum is appreciated. Thanks

OP
OP

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Congratutions on taking delivery. Had mine a week yesterday and have done 700 miles. I'm sure I'll love it even more as time progresses.

For your first question - if you mean you have to steer left slightly to track straight, mine does the same. Likely the Jeep wanting follow the road to the right due to the slight slope/crown. I attribute it to the same reason my motorcycle tires wear faster on the left.

As JP1 said, definitely bring your pressures down. Cold pressure recommendation is 37 psi and my truck was delivered at 43 psi. Made for an interesting drive home. Definitely adjust them down. You'll feel an immediate difference.

Thank you. I did see the pressure was at 43. I will take it down to 37 when its cold in the AM and try it again tomorrow.
Sponsored