Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Gladiator sales increased 53% to 29,962 in the second quarter from last year's pandemic-distorted sales. Stellantis has sold 48,874 Gladiators in 2021 through June. This obviously projects to 60,000 total 2021 sales when projected through the rest of this year, depending on things like the chip shortage. Wrangler sales reached 118,666 so far this year, up 23% from last year, and had the best single sales quarter in Wrangler history at 69,020 in the most recent quarter.

Link: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-reports-q2-2021-us-sales-301324627.html

Not sure how these sales compare to the competition yet or how the JT sales meet Stellantis expectations, but it seems like good news for Jeep.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

FCA US Reports Q2 2021 U.S. Sales
  • Total sales up 32%
  • Retail sales up 27%
  • Strong sales results for JeepĀ®, Ram, Dodge, Chrysler and Alfa Romeo brands
  • Jeep delivers second best ever Q2 U.S. retail sales
  • Jeep Wrangler ā€“ Best quarter ever for U.S. retail sales
  • Jeep Wrangler 4xe ā€“ No. 1 best-selling plug-in hybrid
  • Jeep Gladiator ā€“ Best quarter ever for U.S. retail and total sales
  • Dodge Durango ā€“ Best second quarter for U.S. retail sales since 2005
  • Ram total sales rose 47% year-over-year
  • Chrysler total sales rose 36% year-over-year
  • Alfa Romeo total sales rose 34% year-over-year
July 1, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Driven by strong consumer demand for JeepĀ®, Ram, Dodge, Chrysler and Alfa Romeo brand vehicles, FCA US LLC reported a 32% increase in second-quarter sales over the same time period a year earlier. Retail sales rose 27% for the quarter. Fleet accounted for 12% of total sales.

ā€œThe recovering U.S. economy and continued strong demand for our products drove unprecedented results,ā€ U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor said. ā€œWe continue to work closely with our suppliers to mitigate the manufacturing impacts caused by the various supply chain issues facing our industry.ā€

The Jeep brand continues its trailblazing performance, recording a 19% increase in total sales year-over-year, and its second best ever second quarter for U.S. retail sales. Wrangler recorded its best quarter ever for U.S. retail sales, while Gladiator posted its best quarter ever for U.S. retail sales, as well as U.S. total sales with 29,962 vehicles.

The Jeep lineup continues to grow. Since the full launch of the Wrangler 4xe earlier this year, it quickly became the No. 1 best-selling plug-in hybrid in the marketplace. In June, the all-new 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, the first ever three-row Grand Cherokee, began making its way to dealerships. An all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee two-row and its 4xe electrified version is scheduled to debut later in 2021.

The Ram brand was also a bright spot during the quarter, delivering 187,750 total sales, a 47% increase on a year-over-year basis. Ram pickup trucks rose 40%, while the Ram ProMaster Van and ProMaster City drove 129% and 132% increases in total sales, respectively, over the prior year.

Powered by Challenger, Charger and Durango, Dodge brand total sales rose 42% year-over year. Separately, total sales of Challenger rose 52%, Charger rose 95%, and Durango rose 53%. The second quarter was also the best ever quarter for total sales of the Challenger Scat Pack and Charger Scat Pack, and the best retail second quarter for Durango since 2005. The Brotherhood of Muscle will grow stronger on Saturday, August 14, as thousands of automotive enthusiasts attend this yearā€™s ultimate car festival of legal street racing, Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge at M1 Concourse in Pontiac, Michigan.

Total sales of the Chrysler brand increased 36% to 18,900 vehicles compared to Q2 of last year, driven by the Chrysler 300 and Chrysler Pacifica. The Pacifica Hybrid, the minivan segmentā€™s first-ever hybrid vehicle and the only plug-in hybrid minivan, also recorded its best ever second quarter total sales.

As Alfa Romeo celebrates its 111th anniversary, the brand marked yet another reason to celebrate as its second-quarter U.S. total sales rose 34% over Q2 of the prior year. The Stelvio SUV increased 38%, the Giulia sedan increased 31% and the Alfa 4C increased 8%.

Stellantis will share its electrification strategy on Thursday, July 8, at 2:30 p.m. CEST / 8:30 a.m. EDT during its EV Day 2021 hosted by Stellantis Chief Executive Officer Carlos Tavares. Details for accessing the event, along with the supporting materials, will be available under the Investors section of the Stellantis corporate website at www.stellantis.com. A recorded replay will be accessible on the Groupā€™s corporate website.

See the attached table for the breakdown of brand and nameplate sales.

Jeep Gladiator JT Gladiator has best sales quarter ever in Q2 2021 Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.37.12 PM
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
It's good news indeed. According to Good Car Bad Car, which reports sales figures, in Q2 the Gladiator (29,962) bested its domestic counterparts the Chevy Colorado (14,775) and the Ford Ranger (27,104). The Toyota Tacoma still leads the midsize segment by a longshot though moving 72,847 in Q2. How much of the dip for the Colorado and Ranger is due to production issues/chip shortage I have no idea. The Gladiator is gaining impressive market share regardless.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
It's good news indeed. According to Good Car Bad Car, which reports sales figures, in Q2 the Gladiator (29,962) bested its domestic counterparts the Chevy Colorado (14,775) and the Ford Ranger (27,104). The Toyota Tacoma still leads the midsize segment by a longshot though moving 72,847 in Q2. How much of the dip for the Colorado and Ranger is due to production issues/chip shortage I have no idea. The Gladiator is gaining impressive market share regardless.
I wonder the # of Tacoma defectors are like me. We were going to get a Tacoma until we found out the ridiculous ADM.

Colorado doesn't have a sunroof and the design hasn't aged well (imo). Ranger is overpriced and mis-packaged (imo). Frontier is a non-starter. That leaves the Tacoma and the Gladiator.

Good thing is there are Gladiators on the lots. No so for Tacomas.

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I feel like beating the sales numbers from when the economy was forcefully shutdown isnā€™t that impressive.

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
Not sure how these sales compare to the competition
Well Broncos are off to an anemic start, what with the chip shortage, plant floods and planned shutdowns, and top production snafus. It's like watching your buddy getting drunk and drooling all over himself. A bit entertaining, but also sad.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like beating the sales numbers from when the economy was forcefully shutdown isnā€™t that impressive.
But didn't someone mention that the JT beat the competition, or at least some of it? So that's sort of apples to apples, at least it's granny smith to yellow delicious and not apples to oranges.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are both finally seeing more Gladiators out in the wild. We counted only 7 on the whole trip back from Colorado Springs to home last month, was disappointing, Jeeps in total we counted well over 500 on the trip back home. Mostly Grand Cherokee and Wranglers of various flavors.

Pulled into a garage sale yesterday on the way home - the guy there was looking over my truck and commented that he had just bought a Mojave and loved it. We talked about my minor mods a bit, he loved my front bumper (the steel Rubicon knock-off) He really liked it and took some pictures. I told him eBay or Amazon..... we had groceries in the truck or we would have stood and talked Jeeps a while but my wife wanted to get things home before they melted all over the truck.

Anyway, at least now it's not that uncommon to see another JT when I go some place for a while I was going a month, even two, and never seeing another JT at all. Picking up steam - I hope.
I sure talk mine up and tell people I love it, it's fun, it's comfortable and oh, yes, the roof and doors come off and it's fun and it's a Jeep and it's a truck and yes, the roof and doors come off........

Last edited:

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
But didn't someone mention that the JT beat the competition, or at least some of it? So that's sort of apples to apples, at least it's granny smith to yellow delicious and not apples to oranges.
I would ask how many are left on lots. If they didnā€™t have the Colorados or Rangers to sell people due to the chip shortage then itā€™s not really comparable too.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
GM/Chevrolet has worked around the chip shortage and is selling trucks with reduced "features".

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Well Broncos are off to an anemic start, what with the chip shortage, plant floods and planned shutdowns, and top production snafus. It's like watching your buddy getting drunk and drooling all over himself. A bit entertaining, but also sad.
Looks like the flood only shut down the plant for an hour. The hard tops is a real issue. Our bronco order is delayed because of it. We are considering going soft top to get it sooner. But we could still get our hardtop bronco by Christmas.

A lot of their delays are out of their hands. But they have 125k orders, not reservations. So itā€™s going to be a good few years for them, once production is smoothed out.

Love seeing the gladiator numbers climbing. The guys one the bronco forum are just wishing itā€™s going to flop. I may, in a non trolling way, mention the 2nd quarter numbers. ;)

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
Looks like the flood only shut down the plant for an hour. The hard tops is a real issue. Our bronco order is delayed because of it. We are considering going soft top to get it sooner. But we could still get our hardtop bronco by Christmas.

A lot of their delays are out of their hands. But they have 125k orders, not reservations. So itā€™s going to be a good few years for them, once production is smoothed out.

Love seeing the gladiator numbers climbing. The guys one the bronco forum are just wishing itā€™s going to flop. I may, in a non trolling way, mention the 2nd quarter numbers. ;)
I also have an order, and the biggest reason I bought a Glad last week is because how embarrassing Ford's rollout has been. The second biggest reason is the new Bronco is essentially a Jeep knockoff, the more I've looked. They've got all these features that they're trying to pass off as innovative and cool (Bronco bolts? Mod tops they can't even build?) that Jeep's been doing for years.

In just the past week I've gone from "I'll buy a Gladiator and then compare the two when my Bronco comes" to "Should I just cancel my order?"

They'll be up and running at the end of July, sure, but my bet is they're going to be plagued with recalls because Ford will cut quality across the board to keep their pricing promise to order holders into 2023.

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR
Thereā€™s a couple guys over there on the Bronco forum that seem almost nuts with hatred for the gladiator. Whenever anyone complains about Ford not getting the Bronco out, they are quick to point out ā€˜these trying timesā€™ and how all manufacturers are having big problems, but itā€™s just crickets when anyone mentions how quickly people are getting gladiator orders filled. lol
Iā€™ve still got my bronco order, but some of the rabid Jeep hate over there makes me want to distance myself from that whole environment. Iā€™m all for competition between brands because itā€™s great for the purchaser, but Iā€™m just not into the rabid fanboy-ism. Other than that, itā€™s a great forum and Iā€™ve learned quite a bit there.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
Well, I'm seeing more and more and more Gladiators, so it makes sense. Lots of new ones with paper license plates in our little town. Seems to be gaining momentum. And Gladiator owners are starting to figure out they can take the tops and doors off. I saw 2 today like that. First I've seen of it, at least around here.
Sponsored