Sponsored

JT - Jeep must haves from Harbor Freight

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I am a big fan of harbor freight. I usually have good luck with all of the stuff I have gotten from there.
What are your harbor freight must haves that you use for your JT or Jeep Life in general....or your faves for your garage?

GO!
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have one of their large floor jacks that lifts to 26.5” makes working on the Jeep easier, most jacks have around 20” of lift.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I am a big fan of harbor freight. I usually have good luck with all of the stuff I have gotten from there.
What are your harbor freight must haves that you use for your JT or Jeep Life in general....or your faves for your garage?
I bought a couple of their Roadshock "off-road" lights on clearance for $8 each. Went back a few months later, there were still some on the shelf now at $5 each, so I bought two more for spares.

To be honest, I have not installed them yet. But at least one reviewer said they are identical to KC
6" Daylighter Halogen.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My winch came from them, I have car dollys and a jack that came from Northern but are almost the same thing.
My big vibratory tumbler is from HF - I use that a lot in my restorations and repairs.
I have several LED shop lights that came from them - not for the JT specific but they help me work on it.
Other than the winch, most things I get from them would be applicable to most of my vehicles, tools and supplies that are in my shop for working on any of our 5 vehicles and stuff I do in my shop for others.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I've bought 2" and 6" drop hitch receivers from HF specifically for my JTR. They had them in stock when no one else did. Actually bought 2 2" drop units, turned one into a skidplate for my hitch mount. I get flak from my buddies at work who buy all high end stuff, but for my purposes HF does the job. I still have a bunch of Sears Craftsman tools and a big vertical two stage compressor, but I haven't been inside one in 15 years at least. The world has changed.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Yeah a bought the Sears floor jack with the highest lift they made for the H2 back in 2007. Makes a huge difference. Guess I fibbed, that was the last time I went to a Sears.

I have one of their large floor jacks that lifts to 26.5” makes working on the Jeep easier, most jacks have around 20” of lift.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
D-Rings for my bumper and hitch and my Badlands Apex winch came from them. I've been buying numerous tool sets lately since my buddy who's a manager there said the same company making Kobalt tools for lowes is making the higher end tools at Harbor Freight. They also offer a lifetime replacement on them.

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Winch (Apex 12k), D rings, Tree saver, snatch block, tow strap. All have been put to use and have worked perfectly. Lots of tools and other items from there as well but not specific to the JT

Acano363

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I recommend the predator 3500 generator for camping and the titanium 125 welder for projects and repairs.

Sponsored

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
3 ton jack, jack stands, and any number of cheap specialty tools that if I only use them once who cares. Chicago Electric corded drill i got there has taken a beating and still works. The mitre saw i got from there on sale for 79.99 was good the first couple times i used it, but it's garbage now. I planb on getting a trailer from there. Are there any tools made in the USA anymore? I have some Pittsburgh impact sockets that are just fine compared to anything out there.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Bunches of single use tools. If I’m fortunate to get a second use out of them, I come out ahead. I just bought a $99 electric hoist for my hard top. Fingers crossed i get a few years out of it but it was $99 so I am realistic about it long term.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I also have some jackstands that although the finish wasn't perfect and there's some rust starting, they seem solid and I've used them for 3 years now.
About 10 years ago I bought a HF "touch-up gun" - small spray gun for touchup and small chores. I believe I paid $16.99 for it and was told it should be good for a couple of uses. Fine, I didn't want to spend the big bucks for something I'd use once or twice and it would sit.
I used it for the engine bay of my 70 Javelin, cleaned it up thoroughly - took it all apart and did a detailed cleaning. A couple of years later I used it on the engine bay of my SX4 - again, when done took it all apart and did a detailed cleaning. Since then I've used it another 2 or 3 times - and it still works like new. I suspect people who buy a sub-20 buck spray gun don't do any cleaning or maintenance and then say it's good for a couple of times.
I've got several of their coupon deals furniture dollys and use the heck out of those. There's a differential sitting on one now so I can move it around easily.
The only thing that didn't last for even one use was their number stamps - those flattened first use. That are soft steel and only good for marking soft aluminum at the most. I still have some of them I use for marking reproduction alternator tags so the whole set wasn't lost, but I'll never use them on anything other than soft aluminum.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
To install the BOLT hood lock, they provide 1/4" pop rivets. Couldn't find any rivet tool locally that went bigger than 3/16". HFT had one that would do 1/4" for $19.99 less the always available 20% discount.

Never had a use for a rivet tool before, but now I got one.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh- wait! Thanks for the reminder!
Speaking of rivets, yes, I bought the splash guards from Jeep for my JT and of course they use the POM rivets on the trim bits around the fender and wheel opening.
You remove a couple of the existing ones, anyway, there's a thread here that shows pictures of my installing those splash guards.
I used this tool (and a couple of the rivets from it since I messed up a couple of the included rivets) to install those guards -
https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-riveter-with-40-industrial-strength-poly-rivets-97757.html
Works great and now I have spares and I've used it on other stuff, too, but bought it specifically to do the install of the splash guards on my JT
Sponsored