Sponsored

JT Lift Gut Check

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Gladiator Rubicon
I'm going to lift my Gladiator Rubicon for an overland build. I typically spend 2 weeks offroading on the Trans American Trail (TAT) each year, and several multi day trips locally on the Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT). Currently my truck is all stock and has navigated most of the trails I've been on well. Like most of you, it suffers from the break over and departure angles and I'm tired of beating up the bottom of the truck, plus some more inches will help with some of the water crossings we've had to go through.

Working with a local shop that everyone seems to trust, but I would appreciate your thoughts on the below components recommended, anything I'm missing, should get, or should watch out for?

Lift Plans
37" tires (Maxxis RAZR MT's or Falken Wilderpeak M/T's)

Lift Components:
Teraflex 3.5 Coil Spring Base Lift Kit

JT Falcon SP2 2.1 Shocks
JT Front/Rear Bump Stop Kit

JT HD Forged Adjustable Front Track Bar
JT Falcon Nexus EF Stabilizer

JT Sport Flexarm - Lower Control arm kit

Synergy JT Front Track Bar & Sector Brace

Steering components:
Yeti XD Long Tie Rod
Yeti XD Drag Link
Yeti XD Trackbar Relocation Bracket
Sponsored

OP
OP
Top Fuel Friday
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Gladiator Rubicon
Should add, I have the factory front bumper now, but will add a steel bumper + winch

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I'm going to lift my Gladiator Rubicon for an overland build. I typically spend 2 weeks offroading on the Trans American Trail (TAT) each year, and several multi day trips locally on the Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT). Currently my truck is all stock and has navigated most of the trails I've been on well. Like most of you, it suffers from the break over and departure angles and I'm tired of beating up the bottom of the truck, plus some more inches will help with some of the water crossings we've had to go through.

Working with a local shop that everyone seems to trust, but I would appreciate your thoughts on the below components recommended, anything I'm missing, should get, or should watch out for?

Lift Plans
37" tires (Maxxis RAZR MT's or Falken Wilderpeak M/T's)

Lift Components:
Teraflex 3.5 Coil Spring Base Lift Kit

JT Falcon SP2 2.1 Shocks
JT Front/Rear Bump Stop Kit

JT HD Forged Adjustable Front Track Bar
JT Falcon Nexus EF Stabilizer

JT Sport Flexarm - Lower Control arm kit

Synergy JT Front Track Bar & Sector Brace

Steering components:
Yeti XD Long Tie Rod
Yeti XD Drag Link
Yeti XD Trackbar Relocation Bracket
Lot of opinions on different lifts here. Is it a need or a want? What are your goals? height, comfort, articulation, weight capacity adding gear? cost?
Couple questions I'd ask are is it necessary to get an adj track bar with a relocation bracket; is the synergy sector shaft brace worth it over cheaper track bar brace (search forum for bushing issues).
I'm not sure if you might need front driveshaft with that height or not..

Maybe you could add some diff/control arm skids and 35"s and call it a day?

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Most peeps choose to get a more complete lift kit first. This allows you to better dial in the suspension, pinion angle and alignment better. That's the route I'm going with.
Sponsored