Sponsored

JT Sport S Max Tow, Which OEM Front Springs Will Provide a Lift?

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I currently have Teraflex 1.5" spacers installed in the front, Mopar Lower Control Arms, Bilstein 5100 shocks on order, and the .75" spacers still sealed in the box.

The Teraflex kit provided me as advertised 1.5" of front lift. So happy there. I now have .5" of rake, down from a whooping 2". I'd love to install the rear spacers, but that would bring me to 1.25" or so of rake, no good. However, if I can gain 1" additional in the front that would be perfect for my needs.

I was curious, since OEM springs are so dang cheap and I've seen multiple posts of people installing Rubicon springs for around 1" of lift, which ones do I need to order? I haven't seen a clear answer based on my specific trim (Sport S) with Max Tow.

I've seen the 340 and 343 front springs seem to be popular.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
You can do rubicon front springs and that should almost take you where you want to be

as a side note...if you have a JTMT i assume you want to tow things...if you intend to youll want at least 1 in of rake just to make up for sag in the rear when under load. The difference in 1in of rake and 0.5in of rake is negligible and you wont notice it at all until you have a trailer on there. There are other things you can do to help as well but the rake was the best thing once I hooked up my travel trailer for the first time.

I have the 2in iron rock off road spacer lift, so 2in front and rear, keeping the factory rake.

OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
You can do rubicon front springs and that should almost take you where you want to be

as a side note...if you have a JTMT i assume you want to tow things...if you intend to youll want at least 1 in of rake just to make up for sag in the rear when under load. The difference in 1in of rake and 0.5in of rake is negligible and you wont notice it at all until you have a trailer on there. There are other things you can do to help as well but the rake was the best thing once I hooked up my travel trailer for the first time.

I have the 2in iron rock off road spacer lift, so 2in front and rear, keeping the factory rake.
Do you know what part numbers are the best? There are several versions due to factory options.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know what part numbers are the best? There are several versions due to factory options.
Not off the top of my head. Im sure any matching set from a rubi owner will do.
Sponsored