JT versus Brute

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2005 LJ Unlimited, 2018 Audi Q3
I was looking through facebook and saw Rubitrux in NC had another Brute show up. They are asking 109K for the thing. Got me thinking.... will there still be a market for the Brute once the JT comes out? And what happens to the price of the Brute? I cant imagine they could still pull close to 100K? I was waiting on the JL diesel but having had 15 Jeeps of various forms, 1 of which was a Scambler I cant wait for the JT!
Sponsored

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
I was looking through facebook and saw Rubitrux in NC had another Brute show up. They are asking 109K for the thing. Got me thinking.... will there still be a market for the Brute once the JT comes out? And what happens to the price of the Brute? I cant imagine they could still pull close to 100K? I was waiting on the JL diesel but having had 15 Jeeps of various forms, 1 of which was a Scambler I cant wait for the JT!
I have thought the same exact thing! Proportions look better for now anyway lol m a brute or bruiser.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
If you own a Brute you should of sold it as soon as you seen the JT was coming. Unless you are planning to keep it another 25+ years. Just my uneducated opinion.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Agree that Brute values have to drop once the JT is in circulation. Except maybe the V8 versions.

Only ones buying them will be for the exclusivity factor or wanting you to know they spent a lot.

OP
OP
MoaKane

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with what everyone above said. If Im a dealer at some point I would have to shy away from the Brute knowing I may not get my money back on another sell. They are beautiful trucks/conversions and I would love to have one, especially the V8 version but not at over a hunderd k. A nod to anyone that has one now, Ive got truck envy!

Sponsored

Zip6711

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
The Brute is a custom made for each buyer that would be why they are so expensive and when buying anything custom the resale value is just not there unless someone is looking for that pertipar set up

USAFRecon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 C10, 14 Cooper S, Soon: Gladiator
Occupation
IT Guy
How bad do you guys think Brutes will take a hit? Right now on Rubitrux they have quite a handful, and they range from $85K alllll the way to mid $100Ks.

OP
OP
MoaKane

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How bad do you guys think Brutes will take a hit? Right now on Rubitrux they have quite a handful, and they range from $85K alllll the way to mid $100Ks.
I live about an hour from them and have driven by a few times. I really like that orange one they have now but dont want to pay a hundred K for it. They are built and have the hemi conversion so I think they will still fetch a premium. If a loaded JT Rubi runs 60K and I truly believe that where it will land I think the Brute will still pull at least 75-80 given the detail and aftermarket parts like the lift, tires, lights, hemi, etc. You have to figure if you buy the loaded JT you will have another 15 in it for aftermarket parts to make it like you want it. The difference for me is the diesel and the 7600 towing capacity if that holds true. The Brute is a converted JK Jeep that doesnt come close to that is payload or towing.

I know the Brutes pull a premium but RTrux is sticker shock happy IMHO. The price they ask for their Jeeps is up there. Not saying there is anything wrong with that bc they do have overhead but I wouldnt pay it. I owned my own offroad shop in Florida and I know what the dealer cut is on parts. The only Jeep they have that I would pay for would be that sweet LJ thats built. Ive got a yellow 30K mile one thats never been offroad, just on the beach and always been garage kept. I want another one that I can go wheeling in and not look up the trail and see another one like it.

USAFRecon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 C10, 14 Cooper S, Soon: Gladiator
Occupation
IT Guy
I agree with you on the tow rating MoaKane, I think that might be the only thing that hurts the Brute. And yea they have a good selection of Jeeps! I need to go by there one day just to drool
Sponsored