Sponsored

Jtops Sunscreen with freedom panels?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Ok finally got around to installing my new Jtops sunshade today. Pretty simple install. In a few days I will snuggle it down and it should be good to go. My question is how do you use the freedom top clamps when the sunshade is in place? I bought the jtops because it could be installed and left in place with the hard top over it but I am not seeing how you can install the freedom panels with the sunscreen in place. I figured there would be cutouts for clamps at the windshield and the 3 levers but there aren’t. Am I missing something here??
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Fold back the front portion—like the first 4-6”. The others have to accessed through the mesh, just manipulate them by pushing them in the direction they need to rotate.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I added para cord to the latch so I can pull it either way. Latch or unlatch. Works great.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I’m understanding ya?
Para cord is tied to the handle end of the latch on driver and passenger side. Long enough to pull latches into locking position. Stays with tops when panels off. I also pull the cord to lock panels into place when I replace them. I’ll take a picture. Simple really.

Sponsored

arsy51

First Name
arsy51
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Overland - Hydro Blue; '02 Honda RC51 SP2
Vehicle Showcase
Para cord is tied to the handle end of the latch on driver and passenger side. Long enough to pull latches into locking position. Stays with tops when panels off. I also pull the cord to lock panels into place when I replace them. I’ll take a picture. Simple really.
Nice, looking forward to the pictures. I tried installing the Mopar mesh sunshade today not realizing you can't use the freedom panels with it installed.

Lucky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Project Manager
I'd like to see those pics too - I have a top ordered and was wondering how to handle the latches. Sounds like you came up with a good solution.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
It's a little awkward to set the rear latches with the JTops, but there is enough slack to do it.

For the front latches, there is a folding panel with a magnetic strip on it, there is NO interference at all with that properly folded back.

HoustonGobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just push the latches through the mesh. Really not a problem. We use the Jtop with both the hard top and soft top.
Sponsored