GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone else having issues with debris getting stuck in the crease between the fender and fender flare in both the front & back? I'll post a picture tomorrow but I'm getting small pebbles from the sand they use on the road stuck in there. I have tried to spray it out at the car wash with no luck. I dont understand what the point on this crease is but it seems that any amount of off roading or mudding is going to cake even more junk in there.
Has anyone had any luck dislodging the build up without scratching the paint? Seems like a bad design.
Sponsored

Soedog

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2006 BMW Z4 3. 0si. Previous Jeeps: 2012 JK Sport, 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Occupation
Quality Engineering Tech
Is anyone else having issues with debris getting stuck in the crease between the fender and fender flare in both the front & back? I'll post a picture tomorrow but I'm getting small pebbles from the sand they use on the road stuck in there. I have tried to spray it out at the car wash with no luck. I dont understand what the point on this crease is but it seems that any amount of off roading or mudding is going to cake even more junk in there.
Has anyone had any luck dislodging the build up without scratching the paint? Seems like a bad design.
There is a post somewhere on the forum about this. I used the method specified and filled the gap with the rubber tube welting material. Seems to be working well at keeping the debris out. Here is a link to my post.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/posts/427182/

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
There is a post somewhere on the forum about this. I used the method specified and filled the gap with the rubber tube welting material. Seems to be working well at keeping the debris out. Here is a link to my post.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/posts/427182/
Looks like a product called backer rod, but the stuff I'm familiar with is more gray than black. Any chance you could post a link to the product you used? TIA

Soedog

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2006 BMW Z4 3. 0si. Previous Jeeps: 2012 JK Sport, 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Edition
Occupation
Quality Engineering Tech
Looks like a product called backer rod, but the stuff I'm familiar with is more gray than black. Any chance you could post a link to the product you used? TIA
Must have deleted my order info.
This is from the banned site and gives a full description of the part and process.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Here's a picture of the product installed on my rear passenger fender. Works great and blends in like it was installed factory (on a Granite Crystal Metallic anyway). Agree that this is a design flaw and should have been addressed by FCA.
hhBV-9__4zF8PA72T_dS-L6LrhnExZQcfxVbJHCvKNGBsjzjKAam4U2DQVQ?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg
Sponsored