First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JTRD, Grand Cherokee , Jeep TJ, RZR XPT
Build Thread
Link
This is a great forum with tons of info. I have always enjoyed reading and learning from the build threads on here. Looking forward to capturing my build through this thread.

I ordered my JTRD in the beginning of November and it is currently in route to the dealer. Should be picking it up next week some time. This jeep will be used for exploring back roads, fire access roads, trails, etc..... We will use it to tow our camper, other times it will be used to tow our SXS. I plan on doing light mods to make it suit my wants and needs.

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Factory Options
  • 3.0L EcoDiesel
  • 8-Speed Torqueflite
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Auxiliary Switch Group
  • Trailer Tow Package
  • Spray-in Bedliner
  • Rail Trail System
  • 110V plug in the bed
Dealer Installed Options
  • Mopar Brake Controller

I have collected some parts that I knew I would want to upgrade right off the hop. I have been watching various groups for parts that I was looking for and got lucky for a couple. Just waiting for the Jeep to arrive so I can install them.

Parts Waiting to be Installed

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1642572831361

• 35x12.50 R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3's - I have used BFG's with multiple vehicles and have always liked the performance and longevity. The decision this time came down to either the BFG KO2's or the Falken Wildpeak AT3's. Eventually I chose the Falkens and mostly because I just wanted to try something new.
Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1642570983466

• Tazer Mini - the main reason I chose to add this right away was the ability to adjust the tire size. TPMS system adjustments and traction control kill were two other features that I liked to see.

• Teraflex front leveling kit - I wanted to add a little more clearance in the front and get rid of the factory rake. I like how this kit is adjustable from 1" to 1.5", and its budget friendly. I will start with 1' and see how I like it.

• Air Lift 1000 Rear Airbags - to help when towing and loaded up with gear. I have had Air LIft bag systems in my last couple trucks and they help greatly.

• Fishbone Half Tackle Rack- I was on the fence about getting a rack as one of the first mods. I knew I wanted a half rack when I did get one and was lucky enough that someone local posted one for sale after only using it for one season. I had no choice, I "had" to get it LOL
Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1642572755429

Hopefully by next weekend I can add some updates, remarks, and some before and after pics.

Cheers,

DR
Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Looks like you have a nice list of mods already. I'm still debating on the airlift setup for my Mojave when towing. I'll have a WDH and Sumo Springs

OP
OP
ADVTIMES

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looks like you have a nice list of mods already. I'm still debating on the airlift setup for my Mojave when towing. I'll have a WDH and Sumo Springs
What are you towing ?

I will also use WDH when towing the camper.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
What are you towing ?

I will also use WDH when towing the camper.
We just picked up an OBI Dweller today. 4700lbs empty, so loaded is definitely pushing the tow capacity. WDH gets disconnected offroad, so that's why I'm debating airlift bags.
Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build received_456119652716164

OP
OP
ADVTIMES

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
We just picked up an OBI Dweller today. 4700lbs empty, so loaded is definitely pushing the tow capacity. WDH gets disconnected offroad, so that's why I'm debating airlift bags.
Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build received_456119652716164
Congrats, that's an awesome trailer.

This will be the first time I use airbags with coils. I installed them in my Chevy 2500 and it made it way better when hauling SXS on the truck and towing the trailer. For the money I would say it's worth trying the airbags.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ADVTIMES

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So I got my JEEP home from the dealer :). Ordered Nov. 8 and picked it up Feb. 2. This is the first vehicle that I have ordered and glad I did. I'm pumped to get this set up. First mod will be the front leveling kit.

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1644418507928

Reactions: N83

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Congrats @ADVTIMES awesome ride! My JTRD will be here soon as well. Will keep an eye on your mods. Planning to tow a Lance 1685 occasionally but its a little lighter than your rig. Will see how these diesels handle it.

OP
OP
ADVTIMES

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thank @PJZ. Post some pics when you get it. I wont be able to tow the camper until it comes out of storage in early spring. I am eager to see how it tows. The camper is 3150# dry and & 7' wide some I think the Gladiator will do alright. I also have been looking for good extendable mirrors for towing, but no luck yet.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Wil do! Have been buying a few things to get ready. Got the rampage mirrors - small so not sure how they will work - were open box / return on amazon for $20 so low risk. Got the Redarc brake controller. Had it on my JK and was awesome. eTrailer has the adapters to plug and play and makes it easy (hopefully)

OP
OP
ADVTIMES

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thx, I just ordered a set of the rampage mirrors. They look like they will do the trick.

Reactions: PJZ

Sponsored

OP
OP
ADVTIMES

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
First mod was the Teraflex #1155300 1.5" leveling kit. I like how this kit came with .5" and 1" spacers to give 2 different level options and the added bump stops. I installed both right off the hop for the 1.5" lift. In the future if I add a different lift kit, these spacers will still be functional for leveling when adding weight to the front such as bumper or winch. Pretty straight forward install. Next mod TIRES !!!

BEFORE

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1644506388756

AFTER

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1644506493040

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1644506535608

OP
OP
ADVTIMES

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Tires are on. 35'x12.5 Falken Wildpeak AT3's on stock Rubicon wheels, I like the offset of the stock wheels. I'm happy with the way it turned out. The spare just fit in the stock location.

Also installed the Tazer Mini to adjust for tire size. Plus a bunch of other cools features.

I think I will be adding some Rokbloks to keep the rocks and mud down.

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1644591065051

OP
OP
ADVTIMES

ADVTIMES

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Today I installed the Fishbone Half Tackle rack on my Gladiator. I wanted a half rack so in the future if I add a RTT I don't have to worry height constraints. I came across this rack on FB marketplace just shortly after I order my Jeep and it looked to suit what I was after in regards to a bed rack.

Thee rack did not come with the hardware that I needed to secure the bed rack to the rail trail, so I found some T slots for the rail trail on amazon.ca and they worked good for securing it done.

Turned out great. First thing I will be making/adding to the rack will be bike carriers on each side.

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1644785641626

I assembled it on the bench prior to installing it on the Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1644785010419

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1644785101361

Two of us lifted it on no problem. I will be making a pulley system to lift it on and off as I do not plan on leaving it on all the time.

Jeep Gladiator JTRD Daily Driver / Adventure Build 1644785240693
Sponsored