JTRD lift options.

Dasiemen

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
So I have searched multiple posts and really haven’t found the answer I’m looking for, yet. I own a JTRD and I am going to use it for an overlanding and hunting rig. I have a AT Habitat camper (around 320 pounds) on order and will hopefully pick it up around the end of August. I will be living out of it for multiple weeks at a time while I hunt. I’m looking for advice on a lift that won’t be too soft and won’t sag with the weight of the habitat and all my gear in the back. I’ll be running 37s cooper STT pros to add in. Looking for anywhere around 2.5” to 4”. Any advice would be appreciated!
Sponsored

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I'm still waiting for my JTRD but I think I narrowed my lift choice to the 2.5" EVO Enforcer Stage 2 Overland Plus. I'm also looking to run 37" Cooper STT PROs.

I had a 3" EVO lift on my JK and it was comfortable and never had an issue with any of the components for over 70k miles.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I’ve had a full pallet of solar panels in the back of my truck multiple times now 23-24 panels x 42-47lbs depending on brand plus some other odds and ends (100-200lbs) plus I weigh about 260.

stated payload on my sport is 1350lbs and my Rustys 4” kit carries it well. It rides about 1.5” rear high empty with a full tank of diesel and right at level with what I listed above

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Here is my take on lift kits for the diesel. I have not found anyone who has a lift kit truly designed for the diesel and none that take overlanding in consideration. Most lift kits I've found were the regular lift for the JT with some pucks to take up the slack for the heavier diesel truck. I ended up going with the Mopar factory 2" lift which works fine with 37" tires. The springs were designed with the weight of the diesel in mind and also takes into consideration preservation of the load ratings. Most lift kits take out the "rake" and level the vehicle, the factory lift does not do that.

If you can find one in stock (hard to find because they are selling as fast as they can make them) they will set you back about $1500 and is warranted by Jeep.

With my fully equipped rig weighing in at 7580lbs, I could not go with the average lift kit that all the big names sell for the average JT.

ryandoubleu

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Project Engineer
Here is my take on lift kits for the diesel. I have not found anyone who has a lift kit truly designed for the diesel and none that take overlanding in consideration. Most lift kits I've found were the regular lift for the JT with some pucks to take up the slack for the heavier diesel truck. I ended up going with the Mopar factory 2" lift which works fine with 37" tires. The springs were designed with the weight of the diesel in mind and also takes into consideration preservation of the load ratings. Most lift kits take out the "rake" and level the vehicle, the factory lift does not do that.

If you can find one in stock (hard to find because they are selling as fast as they can make them) they will set you back about $1500 and is warranted by Jeep.

With my fully equipped rig weighing in at 7580lbs, I could not go with the average lift kit that all the big names sell for the average JT.
Evo has a diesel specific lift and it maintains a good amount of rake, about 1” to 1.5”.

At 7580lbs you are way over the gvwr of 6750, how does it handle riding like that?

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
I’ve been really happy with my mopar 2” lift. I did add 1-2” spacers up front.
When I added the winch, it didn’t sag at all.

If I jump in the beds, it doesn’t sag at all. I’m 265.

We hauled a load of “junk” to our storage facility and sagged 1/4”.

For the money, ya can’t beat it. Doesn’t void any warranty, allows you to run 35s, doesn’t jack your the steering, ride, or handling. It’s actually improved.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Evo has a diesel specific lift and it maintains a good amount of rake, about 1” to 1.5”.

At 7580lbs you are way over the gvwr of 6750, how does it handle riding like that?
It handles just fine both on and off road. It is a bit top heavy with the RTT but no issues. Having said that I don't think I would want to make any sudden swerves at speed but that same answer would be for any lifted JT. Overland rigs tend to weigh more. My Wrangler weighs in at 7600 lbs fully loaded for a 3 week overland trip. I need to pack lighter

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Hopefully my evo 4.5” overland kit will be done this weekend, crossing my fingers wheels and tires will be in

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Hopefully my evo 4.5” overland kit will be done this weekend, crossing my fingers wheels and tires will be in
Would you be able to upload some pictures once it's finished? I'm debating between 2.5 or 4.5 for running 37" tires.

Also, did you have to install a new driveshaft? I can't seem to get a solid answer for the EVO 4.5" lift...

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
I actually went with a 3.5 game changer back in Jan. Long story short I have since swapped out the springs and shocks for Rustys. Which are made by eibach. I’m very happy with my hybrid setup and will not make any further changes.

Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
I’ll buy new driveshafts once it’s done and settled in. Rear track bar bracket was bent/welded wrong. Evo sending me a new one out. At the moment I’m cutting off the additional bracket the diesel gets on the driver front spring bucket area to install a synergy steering box brace. Picked up my kmc wheels and 37” Mickey thompson trail boss a/t today.

C32FC526-03FF-48B5-81AA-922C8B77F9DA.jpeg

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Iv been thinking about the rock krawler lift as they have diesel specific

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I actually went with a 3.5 game changer back in Jan. Long story short I have since swapped out the springs and shocks for Rustys. Which are made by eibach. I’m very happy with my hybrid setup and will not make any further changes.
If you don't mind sharing, why did you switch out the springs and shocks?

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
If you don't mind sharing, why did you switch out the springs and shocks?
Because the MC ones collapsed under weight of diesel.