Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
So my JTRD is going to be delivered to Gupton in the next week or 2. I have a few questions. I live in CA and I do want to eventually lift it and put 37s under her. Gupton has quoted me 1495 for the lift and 650 to install 10% off parts since I am buying it there. I am mostly looking at the mopar lift as I can run the 37s i believe and they wont rub full flexed and locked. MOST IMPORTANT it stays under the warranty as I have been lead to believe. I am driving it back and am planning a fun wheeling trip back you can see what I am trying to do https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-honor-trails-can-i-do-on-a-stock-jtrd.49283/
There will be a lot of highway miles for sure. Those who have done the lift and wheels what was the MPG drop from just the lift, and then the lift with the tires? While I would love to have the extra clearance for the trails if the MPG drop is alot then I will probably just wheel the 33s save the money on the lift and tires and do those once I get back home. There has been a debate whether the lift is under warranty if I install it myself vs the dealer. I am hoping that it is covered under the warranty either way. If it is not covered if I do it myself then I probably would have the dealer do it and eat the costs of diesel. Another plus is I think I could get the lift put into the loan. A down side would be that I can no longer say I wheeled the JTRD on all these trails stock and give my buddies the bird.... So lots of decisions I am just trying to get more informed before I have to make the decision on whether to get the lift or not.

Thanks
Sponsored

Druidirvin

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon ecodiesel
Occupation
RRT
After a lot of research I’ll be doing the mopar lift as well. I recommend doing it since the stock suspension bottoms out way too easily. Mine has gotten a couple of noises from bottoming out so I would do it if I were you. I’ll go with the 3.0 fox shocks.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
I picked my JTRD up from Chapman in pa day before yesterday. I'm 600 miles into the return trip to Orlando. Have not been hand checking mileage but truck is staying steady at just under 21 and I've had 37s on it w no lift from 68 miles. Mostly 80mph on the interstate with a little gunning here and there.
The touchscreen/ uconnect/ Android auto almost makes me want to set the whole thing on fire but you will NOT be disappointed in the diesel!
And the ride with 37s is a whole lot better than the factory tires.

For reference (and to show off my new truck) this is 37s and no lift.

20211012_123104.jpg

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
nice whered you pick up the wheels and tires? I wasnt going to do 37s but since they are having a buy 3 get 1 for a buck it changes things alot lol. And theres no way Im gonna wheel the JTRD with 37s and not lift it. I dont wanna tear it up that bad lol. But I do believe 37s will prob be the biggest i will go or maybe 38s. I have 38s on my fj40 and it just makes things too easy when I wheel but i mean its a twin stick d60 d44 built machine. This will be a semi daily and wheel in comfort vehicle. I think 37s will let me get to lots of places... and make it a little more challenging than the swb fj40

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
crazy thing is i get 23-25 mpg in the fj40 with a 6.0 escalade motor!!! Im hoping that this will get better mpgs. its half the engine but twice the weight soooooo we shall see.

Sponsored

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 CJ-5, ‘05 LJ, ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
nice whered you pick up the wheels and tires? I wasnt going to do 37s but since they are having a buy 3 get 1 for a buck it changes things alot lol. And theres no way Im gonna wheel the JTRD with 37s and not lift it. I dont wanna tear it up that bad lol. But I do believe 37s will prob be the biggest i will go or maybe 38s. I have 38s on my fj40 and it just makes things too easy when I wheel but i mean its a twin stick d60 d44 built machine. This will be a semi daily and wheel in comfort vehicle. I think 37s will let me get to lots of places... and make it a little more challenging than the swb fj40
Where are you getting the buy 3, get 1 for $1!? And what brands are eligible?

It’s a Jeep … shouldn’t we get buy 3, get 2 for $2 😁

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Gupton/jeep/dodge are having the sale. They have the ko2 and MTs, then general grabber atx

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
nice whered you pick up the wheels and tires?
A forum member who was close to the dealer. KO2s. Extremely quiet and smooth on the highway which may (or not) be important as a DD.

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Where are you getting the buy 3, get 1 for $1!? And what brands are eligible?

It’s a Jeep … shouldn’t we get buy 3, get 2 for $2 😁
thats what i asked as i want a full size spare instead of a 33 he said that other one would be at full price

Diesel Sting

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
1.5" spacer up front, 3/4" spacer in the rear, 37's, diesel. Truck has about 4500 miles, been on this setup since 900 miles. I average 21-22 mpg.

On a beach run a few months ago, I set my cruise at 84mph and let it eat. Avg down to 19.2 with 4 people and of course the load of beach crap in the bed.

IMG_4130.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
1.5" spacer up front, 3/4" spacer in the rear, 37's, diesel. Truck has about 4500 miles, been on this setup since 900 miles. I average 21-22 mpg.

On a beach run a few months ago, I set my cruise at 84mph and let it eat. Avg down to 19.2 with 4 people and of course the load of beach crap in the bed.

Jeep Gladiator JTRD mopar 2 lift and MPG IMG_4130
do you notice a loss of mpg with a load in the bed? do you have any rub at lock or when disconnected?

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
machinist

IMG_4130.jpg
Specs on the wheels please?

Diesel Sting

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
do you notice a loss of mpg with a load in the bed? do you have any rub at lock or when disconnected?
I'd probably say the heaviest load in the bed I've had would be the stock rims/tires in the bed. I have zero rub on the street, have yet to get off road. Either way, if you plan on any kind of weight, IMO, you're always better off with the diesel.