Sponsored

July 27, 2022 OURAY Trip, planning and plotting thread

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Planning on leaving July 26 for Ouray. July 27: Wheel hard. Ophir and Imogene for a warm up then hit Black Bear and Yankee Boy (beautiful views). Then libations etc.
July 28th Engineer Pass and Alpine Loop with Poughkeepsie Gulch. 5 BOH trails. (this may be a two day as the loop is a good 7 hours.

My experience is that weekdays are much less crowded.

@Chargingstar @FR33DOM @Summitdan @Waggs Plenty of time to plan this one. Anyone else is welcome to join.

Asking for GMRS and chill people.
Sponsored

molevich

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Willys, 21 Indian Scout
Occupation
Management
Planning on leaving July 26 for Ouray. July 27: Wheel hard. Ophir and Imogene for a warm up then hit Black Bear and Yankee Boy (beautiful views). Then libations etc.
July 28th Engineer Pass and Alpine Loop with Poughkeepsie Gulch. 5 BOH trails. (this may be a two day as the loop is a good 7 hours.

@Chargingstar @FR33DOM @Summitdan @Waggs Plenty of time to plan this one. Anyone else is welcome to join.

I am definitely in! Going to put in for my time off for that week. Do you mind if I invite a buddy of mine with a terrorist truck? He is pretty chill.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I should be in. Double checking dates, but far enough out that I should be able to make it work. Weekdays are a good idea, but harder sometimes with work and kids. I’ll confirm as soon as possible. Really looking forward to this one. Except black bear. :)

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m confirmed. On my calendar for 7/26-7/29. My plan will be to camp. I’ll bring RTT camp trailer. Thoughts on a good base camp area? If not, could suggest amphitheater above Alta lakes near telluride.

Last edited:

Chargingstar

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm good for that week! I will just have to ask for the time off once we have the dates solidified. I'm in Gunnison July 23-24 for a red dot handgun course so I can continue on to meet you guys in Ouray Sunday night after class wraps up.

We can book a big AirBNB like https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/243669...2ecd5885-284a-45b0-8917-b9908cd99a38&guests=1 and then split the cost between everyone. I haven't camped in the Ridgeway/Ouray area in many years but I'm not completely adverse to that idea.

Lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
All are welcome. Just asking that you have GMRS. We wheel as a group. Need to make sure we clear everything.

I am definitely in! Going to put in for my time off for that week. Do you mind if I invite a buddy of mine with a terrorist truck? He is pretty chill.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
We might have to camp on the loop. It's 7 hours easy.

I'm good for that week! I will just have to ask for the time off once we have the dates solidified. I'm in Gunnison July 23-24 for a red dot handgun course so I can continue on to meet you guys in Ouray Sunday night after class wraps up.

We can book a big AirBNB like https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/243669...2ecd5885-284a-45b0-8917-b9908cd99a38&guests=1 and then split the cost between everyone. I haven't camped in the Ridgeway/Ouray area in many years but I'm not completely adverse to that idea.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Very cool. That’s three or four confirmed. My vote is to camp. I like drinking under the stars.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve camped in gold king basin near telluride. Really nice and enough room for plenty of setups. Shouldn’t be hard to choose spots on a Tuesday. Others may have other spots they like. Suggestions?
Jeep Gladiator July 27, 2022 OURAY Trip, planning and plotting thread 336F0B3F-F5F9-4367-995C-77EED0A2E047

Chargingstar

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I’ve camped in gold king basin near telluride. Really nice and enough room for plenty of setups. Shouldn’t be hard to choose spots on a Tuesday. Others may have other spots they like. Suggestions?
Jeep Gladiator July 27, 2022 OURAY Trip, planning and plotting thread 336F0B3F-F5F9-4367-995C-77EED0A2E047
That's quite the beautiful spot. I'm down to camp if everyone else is

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That's quite the beautiful spot. I'm down to camp if everyone else is
We also don’t all have to. Anyone who’d like to join me for camping is welcome. If others want indoors, no judgement. We can all meet up at the trail. As @DocMike said, chill. :)

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
We can camp or hotel. Just going to be a good time wheeling with cool people. The regular crew knows the drill. Don't care who comes, what you drive or any of that. Laid back safe trip is all I want.

We also don’t all have to. Anyone who’d like to join me for camping is welcome. If others want indoors, no judgement. We can all meet up at the trail. As @DocMike said, chill. :)

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We can camp or hotel. Just going to be a good time wheeling with cool people. The regular crew knows the drill. Don't care who comes, what you drive or any of that. Laid back safe trip is all I want.
Sounds perfect.