Jumping ship from Toyota

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Hey there, new on these boards, but definitely not new to Jeep. Had a 05 TJ and a 14 JK 2-door previously. Living in San Diego, I found Rob Trachtman thanks to these boards at Coastline CDJ. I sent him my "wishlist," for what I'm looking for and I'm waiting for him to kick back some numbers. I cannot tell you how excited I am to leave my Tacoma behind. Definitely well aware that it could be a substantial wait, but I'm pretty patient. Thanks to these boards already for helping me find a place to order in SoCal. Cannot wait to learn a grip from these boards after I take delivery.

This is what I sent him...I'm open to criticism.

2020 (21?) Gladiator:

_Option_______________________Code______________________
Mojave Package- JTJH98
Color- Gator (1st Choice) Sting-Gray (2nd Choice) PGV/PDN
Manual Trans DEM (23D)

Forward Cam XNY
Body-Color flares MM3
33-inch M/T tires TWG
Dual Top Group AEN
Body Color Top HT3
Hard Tonneau CSU
Spray-in bedliner XMF
Proximity Entry GXD
All-weather mats CWA
Trailer Tow ABR
LED Lighting AD6
Cold Weather ADE
8.4 inch radio AEK
Aux switches AM2
Snorkel ???
Sponsored

jtim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Rubicon
Nice specs. Glad to see another manual driver. I am also selling my Tacoma, with a Rubicon on order. I almost got a Mojave, but I plan on a camper in the bed, and figured I would be changing the suspension to accommodate the extra weight, so I went for the front locker and disconnecting sway bar instead.
I believe the Gator color is now discontinued (see "Gone Gator Gone" thread). Sting Gray is a nice color, though. That probably would have been my second choice as well.
The Snorkel is a dealer installed option, which I was quoted around $1000 installed. I passed on that.
Check out the Tread Lightly program if you haven't yet. You can negotiate more off the price starting with the 1% under invoice affiliate pricing.

OP
OP
GladiSD

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Nice specs. Glad to see another manual driver. I am also selling my Tacoma, with a Rubicon on order. I almost got a Mojave, but I plan on a camper in the bed, and figured I would be changing the suspension to accommodate the extra weight, so I went for the front locker and disconnecting sway bar instead.
I believe the Gator color is now discontinued (see "Gone Gator Gone" thread). Sting Gray is a nice color, though. That probably would have been my second choice as well.
The Snorkel is a dealer installed option, which I was quoted around $1000 installed. I passed on that.
Check out the Tread Lightly program if you haven't yet. You can negotiate more off the price starting with the 1% under invoice affiliate pricing.
I see that Gator is gone and that’s OK!

Good choice on the manual and living life with a camper!

I’m actually adding parking sensors and polished wheels as well..figure may as well go all in!

Coastline is doing 5% under invoice with Tread Lightly on orders which is why I chose them!

I appreciate the advice. Look forward to seeing your Gladi!

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Welcome GladiSD. I think you'll love your Mojave and appreciate the attention a Gladiator brings in SoCal (or anywhere for that matter).

Besides the aforementioned Gator gone, the other 2 things that stand out to me on your build is cold weather package (in SD?) and 8.4 uconnect. I have had navigation is all my vehicles for 15 years and now with the 7 uconnect, I use Android Auto. I am never going back; Android and Apple Carplay give you all that you'll need. That being said, I believe 8.4 gives you upgraded speakers and an At&t hotspot with data elements like movie times, so if those are preferable to you, then you're good.

You're going to love this truck.......

OP
OP
GladiSD

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Welcome GladiSD. I think you'll love your Mojave and appreciate the attention a Gladiator brings in SoCal (or anywhere for that matter).

Besides the aforementioned Gator gone, the other 2 things that stand out to me on your build is cold weather package (in SD?) and 8.4 uconnect. I have had navigation is all my vehicles for 15 years and now with the 7 uconnect, I use Android Auto. I am never going back; Android and Apple Carplay give you all that you'll need. That being said, I believe 8.4 gives you upgraded speakers and an At&t hotspot with data elements like movie times, so if those are preferable to you, then you're good.

You're going to love this truck.......
Aye thanks much!

The 8.4 is a mandatory automatic add-on when you click trail camera. I’m an avid off-reader and I’ve found that the front camera in my Taco saves my ass from hopping in and out so often!! Otherwise, I’m with you..I would have never opted to get the 8.4 Nav on purpose.

As for the cold weather package, I run no doors and no roof year round and the cold weather package saves my ass with the seat heaters during the “winter” months in San Diego. My previous JK would get a bit chilly doorless on 30-40 degree nights. I use my seat heaters in my Taco often cause the windows are always down.

I do appreciate the insight though! Good looking out!!

Sponsored

jtim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Rubicon
The 8.4" also gets you the off-road pages, which the 7" doesn't have. Sounds like you still can see all the info on different screens on the 7", but not all together on off-road pages.

OP
OP
GladiSD

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The 8.4" also gets you the off-road pages, which the 7" doesn't have. Sounds like you still can see all the info on different screens on the 7", but not all together on off-road pages.
That’s good to know. I had a similar nav in my Viper that I never used. Never used the performance pages either. With that said, I’m a big fan of front cameras on these high up trucks.

OP
OP
GladiSD

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The 8.4” screen is so damn clear, I love it. It’s one of my favorite features.
I have to pay it to FCA! The clarity on the 7" and 8.4" cameras is insane! I have NEVER seen such high resolution in any vehicles camera systems. My order is in, I just have to wait now. Ordered a Ford Transit in 2017 and it took 7 months to arrive, so this wait will feel like a breeze in comparison.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I have to pay it to FCA! The clarity on the 7" and 8.4" cameras is insane! I have NEVER seen such high resolution in any vehicles camera systems. My order is in, I just have to wait now. Ordered a Ford Transit in 2017 and it took 7 months to arrive, so this wait will feel like a breeze in comparison.
I third this notion...unreal on the clarity. I have two young children and live on an active kid biking / dog walking street. It's reassuring when backing up...

OP
OP
GladiSD

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I third this notion...unreal on the clarity. I have two young children and live on an active kid biking / dog walking street. It's reassuring when backing up...
You literally need an interpreter to understand what you're looking at in the Tacoma back up camera and my front camera. The resolution is rubbish. Also, I'm in my 30's and have perfect vision.
Sponsored