Sponsored

Just an FYI regarding fresh sap on your truck.

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Over the weekend I parked my JT in the driveway overnight, instead of in the garage like I always do. I came out the next morning and noticed the damn tree had dropped sap ALL over driver side and hood. Before I went to the store to pick up chemicals, I tried a bunch of stuff from around the house. Rubbing alcohol, mineral spirits, gasoline, paint thinner. None of it worked. Went to the store and blew 10 dollars on lacquer thinner and Goo Gone, didn't work either. Decided I would wash the chemicals off with soapy water, well, turns out soapy water washes it basically right off. Hopefully this helps someone out the future!
Sponsored

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
Over the weekend I parked my JT in the driveway overnight, instead of in the garage like I always do. I came out the next morning and noticed the damn tree had dropped sap ALL over driver side and hood. Before I went to the store to pick up chemicals, I tried a bunch of stuff from around the house. Rubbing alcohol, mineral spirits, gasoline, paint thinner. None of it worked. Went to the store and blew 10 dollars on lacquer thinner and Goo Gone, didn't work either. Decided I would wash the chemicals off with soapy water, well, turns out soapy water washes it basically right off. Hopefully this helps someone out the future!
DON'T USE THINNER! That will eat your clear coat.

Also, I just use alcohol wipes. If it is within a day or two and over 75 degrees it comes right off. But I always keep a good coat of wax or sealant on her, so perhaps thats why it comes off so easily?

jbn40301

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave 2020
Denatured Alcohol works like a charm..... and will Not hurt the paint also WD-40 will work but is very oily . Trust me I live in Pinehurst............:) it also works on road tar and bug guts like a charm.....

61956674560__7EC40965-4FAE-4BD4-8D98-4DF792EB48F1.fullsizerender.jpeg

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
+1 on ethanol. except in my case it was single malt. Worked very quickly.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
My truck lives under a tree although I cut down the damned Pine Tree the Oak Tree still drops stuff. I have found that washing it good gets rid of most of it but you damn near have to wash it every day. Wish they made just a big ass throw cover that I could toss over the whole jeep while its there and then pull off easily when I am ready to go.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
+1 on ethanol. except in my case it was single malt. Worked very quickly.
Now you just don’t care if there is sap on your truck...

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker
Reactions: BAT