Sponsored

Just bought my JTR. Curious how my deal stacks up.

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 JLUR
Hello all, I have been a member of JLWF for around 2 years but could not figure out how to link that account (tried to log in with it here but that did not work...anyhow back to the topic). I just bought my Gladiator this evening and traded my 2016 JKUR in for it. It is a Rubicon so aside from those factory standard options it has the 8.4" Alpine system, black hard top, LED group and the Tow Package. No leather, not an automatic, etc etc etc. I look forward to sharing some build info in the future but for now I will just sit back and read various posts on this forum for ideas and info. The only thing I can say for now is man this 6 speed Gladiator manual transmission is night and day from the JK, absolutely love it! I do not feel like I am throwing gears in a Kenworth anymore! I cannot comment on how it compares to the JL since my wifes JLUR is an auto but I assume it is likely the exact same, maybe just a different ratio here or there.

Untitled (1).jpg

IMG_20191227_195317.jpg
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Hello all, I have been a member of JLWF for around 2 years but could not figure out how to link that account (tried to log in with it here but that did not work...anyhow back to the topic). I just bought my Gladiator this evening and traded my 2016 JKUR in for it. It is a Rubicon so aside from those factory standard options it has the 8.4" Alpine system, black hard top, LED group and the Tow Package. No leather, not an automatic, etc etc etc. I look forward to sharing some build info in the future but for now I will just sit back and read various posts on this forum for ideas and info. The only thing I can say for now is man this 6 speed Gladiator manual transmission is night and day from the JK, absolutely love it! I do not feel like I am throwing gears in a Kenworth anymore! I cannot comment on how it compares to the JL since my wifes JLUR is an auto but I assume it is likely the exact same, maybe just a different ratio here or there.

Untitled (1).jpg

IMG_20191227_195317.jpg
Congrats on your new jt. The forums are different so each forum you have to make a new login and password

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If you like it and it does what you want, it's a hell of a deal, no matter what. And it sounds like you do like it, so I'd say that's a good deal.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
If you like it and it does what you want, it's a hell of a deal, no matter what. And it sounds like you do like it, so I'd say that's a good deal.
I'll say this 1000 times. If I can get the gladiator I want no matter how I get it even if I have to pay less that winds up costing me more then I'm a happy camper

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
If you signed the papers then you got a good deal. Too late to think anything else!

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
Based on no numbers or trade info, I say you got screwed. I’ve seen a lot better deals on here. You should return it as you have 3days to return any purchase ( if you saved the receipt).

Looks great, enjoy. In reality, you deal is the best deal that you got.

OP
OP
Paladin_JTR

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 JLUR
I forgot to post numbers lol. My deal was a paid off trade, owed $29k and change on my 2016 JKUR (only had her about a year) and we walked out with the new gladiator for $42k flat with tax/tag/title on top of that. Like I said its a 6 speed, only options are tow package, 8.4 alpine system, LEDs, rubber mats and black hard top. I am personally happy with the deal I got and shopped for the the better part of 2 months researching with a dozen dealerships within 166 miles (Koons being the furthest at 166.3) of me. Everywhere from my locals here in VA Beach to Koons and Criswell up near DC, western part of VA down to NC. I have zero regrets and was only curious on deals because I have a buddy looking at buying one who is located in Jacksonville FL. He has been shopping around for the best deal as well and I was just going to send him whatever info I could, figure some folks here likely bought one in or around the Northeast FL/Southeast GA/Southern SC areas. I have never owned a new vehicle and always said I never would since you take the big hit up front "soon as you drive off the lot" kind of saying but this thing came in around 6% below invoice with an MSRP somewhere in the $50k range so I felt comfortable.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Great deal as long as you got what you want and you’re happy. Who cares what forum members think :LOL:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Great deal as long as you got what you want and you’re happy. Who cares what forum members think :LOL:
Along with that, no matter how good a deal it felt like, there will ALWAYS be someone saying "I did better" or "you should have held out".
Don't worry about those. If you like the truck, if you don't feel screwed, if you could afford it financially, best to put blinders on to those who say you paid too much, and one will come along.
Life - no matter how great yours is, someone else's life is better.
No matter how bad yours is, there is always someone worse off.
Deals - no matter how good yours is, someone somewhere did better.
No matter how bad you got stuck, someone got stuck worse (probably me........LOL)

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I forgot to post numbers lol. My deal was a paid off trade, owed $29k and change on my 2016 JKUR (only had her about a year) and we walked out with the new gladiator for $42k flat with tax/tag/title on top of that. Like I said its a 6 speed, only options are tow package, 8.4 alpine system, LEDs, rubber mats and black hard top. I am personally happy with the deal I got and shopped for the the better part of 2 months researching with a dozen dealerships within 166 miles (Koons being the furthest at 166.3) of me. Everywhere from my locals here in VA Beach to Koons and Criswell up near DC, western part of VA down to NC. I have zero regrets and was only curious on deals because I have a buddy looking at buying one who is located in Jacksonville FL. He has been shopping around for the best deal as well and I was just going to send him whatever info I could, figure some folks here likely bought one in or around the Northeast FL/Southeast GA/Southern SC areas. I have never owned a new vehicle and always said I never would since you take the big hit up front "soon as you drive off the lot" kind of saying but this thing came in around 6% below invoice with an MSRP somewhere in the $50k range so I felt comfortable.
I'm a couple hours west of your buddy in the Big Bend area. Bought mine from Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia CDJ in Buford, GA. Got it well below invoice. Tell 'em @Onebigyoshi sent you. Painless deal.

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
Ordered mine exactly the way I wanted it.

Got 5k off sticker.

No other dealer "in my area" was anywhere close to this deal on an ordered Rubicon.

Mine is also a 6 speed with no leather.

Last edited:

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Like other have said.... all that really matters is whether you’re happy with the deal you got.
I just picked mine up today. Was planning to wait until next year but local dealer I’ve been talking to was offering good discounts and once the new year comes in, my JK would be an extra year old (sort of) so I went by to talk to them about a max tow yesterday and ended up driving home a Rubicon today.

Got similar discount (5.6% below invoice) and they gave me another 1000 above everyone else on my trade to get the deal done. Discount made it right around 46 for a 52 msrp.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Like other have said.... all that really matters is whether you’re happy with the deal you got.
And that's it right there.

Why ask - someone will always tell you about the better deal THEY got and wonder why you weren't smart enough to get the same.
Sponsored