Sponsored

Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yah thats the part I am most worried bought also. Glad to hear that it was not to difficult and went well for you. thanks for the tip :like:
Only other issue you might have is if your drill is too big.
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Only other issue you might have is if your drill is too big.
Thats what she said :CWL: :CWL:

I have access to lots of tools. That should not be a problem. I'm just hoping I can get it installed in 2 days. I am also planning on beefing up the control arm mounts and shock mounts while i have the welder out.

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats what she said :CWL: :CWL:

I have access to lots of tools. That should not be a problem. I'm just hoping I can get it installed in 2 days. I am also planning on beefing up the control arm mounts and shock mounts while i have the welder out.
I did it pretty much by myself without experience over a long weekend. Had a friend give some verbal help as he couldn't help wrench because of a surgery. Had to help do a sleepover birthday for my daughter in there and a bunch of other stuff. So if you prep right, set everything up and read the instructions thoroughly you can get it done in 2 days. I had my alignment shop do the welding on the rear diff brace when they checked it.

Also check their website for updated instructions.

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@fosgate Since it's somewhat relative, this week on Sunday I went out to one of our offroad areas to kind of shakedown the suspension and see how it's working. I haven't had much opportunity since I put the RK Pro-X on to do that. I'm really impressed. I could not find an obstacle large enough to completely flex out the suspension. I ended up with some pretty good scrapes on the bumper trying to find something larger that I could flex up on. (Picture below). Gave me an opportunity though to look for binds and how close stuff was. I'm very impressed with how incredibly flexy this suspension is and no binding or anything.

I also set out to test how the 4-link was over heavy bumps and twists and how the hydraulic bumps are performing. I'll include some video snippets I pulled off my dashcam (4K Video). It's not fancy, just some raw footage.

Right now my Rockslider side step on the drivers side is rattling a bit so it needs adjustment or replacement, so you can hear that. The camera mic is pretty sensitive. The dull thump-thump you hear in it are the hydraulic bumpstops working and absorbing impact. I found I was able to go over some very rough terrain and bumps with a surprisingly smooth ride. I thought you might be interested.

Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos Disney-213094-HDR

Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos Disney-213137-HDR

And the footage from the dashcam... Unfortunately the super wide angle from the dashcam doesn't show how steep or big obstacles really are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@fosgate Since it's somewhat relative, this week on
It is a great suspension. My buddy who has been crawling for years and has a really built JK has been impressed. I have gone just about everywhere he can and a few places he can't. I haven't found a bind on it yet. I do need to get a belly pan as this suspension lets me get over so much but I do drag the mid section.

Sponsored

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It is a great suspension. My buddy who has been crawling for years and has a really built JK has been impressed. I have gone just about everywhere he can and a few places he can't. I haven't found a bind on it yet. I do need to get a belly pan as this suspension lets me get over so much but I do drag the mid section.
Yeah, I have a couple new belly scratches on mine. This thing hill climbs a lot better than my JK or JL Rubicons did. The longer wheelbase definitely favors that. I had noticed in the video I posted that I climbed one of the hills the Razors were going around. I was surprised I was able to climb it that easily.

trackfast20

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Doe those fake beads screw out?

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doe those fake beads screw out?
No they do not screw out. Fuel does make another version of this wheel that is a real beadlock. If this is not my daily driver someday I may put beadlocks on.
Sponsored