Sponsored

Just ordered a 2022 gladiator diesel. Did I do OK?

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Electrician
  • Banned
Here's the options I went with. And the price they're giving me. Not sure if I skipped anything that would have been important to have.
The safety and added cruise control stuff didn't appeal to me.
I plan on doing mild over landing.
Assumed 2" spacer lift, wheels and 35's or 37's would be fine.
Rack over the bed and a tent.
Bumpers and wench.
Aftermarket led headlights.
That should be enough to get me going.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the "build sheet" my dealer printed for me and if there's anything out of the ordinary I should be taking into account.

Sidenote; this is my first post. Go easy on me 😁

IMG_1052.jpg
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3000 under msrp at a local dealer is great in today's market.

My local dealers wanted MSRP or more. I ended up buying at a dealer in TN (Gupton) to save $5500 off MSRP. When I comes in, I will fly down and drive it 1000 miles home.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
That’s roughly invoice price if my math is right on the guesstimate. You could have done better in terms of price by driving out of state, but value is in the eye of the purchaser. I’m flying 2 hours and driving back 10 hours to save an extra $2,000 over what my local dealer offered.

Congrats on the purchase!

Here is a snippet from my invoice for reference:

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered a 2022 gladiator diesel. Did I do OK? FD684E70-9DEA-43FB-A1B8-04914CB12129

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
  • Banned
That’s roughly invoice price if my math is right on the guesstimate. You could have done better in terms of price by driving out if state, but value is in the eye of the purchaser.

Congrats on the purchase!
Thanks!
Driving out of state didn't cross my mind as a benefit let alone a realistic option.
I'm also going from a '95 xj with the inline 6 I've had for almost 20 years.

Last edited:

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!
Drivind out of state didn't cross my mind as a benefit let alone a realistic option.
I'm also going from a '95 xj with the inline 6 I've had for almost 20 years.
There you go, I think you’ll be okay with this order. I sold my last rig and am driving my family’s hunting rig for the time being, a 99 XJ. I’ll be picking up my truck this upcoming week.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
  • Banned
There you go, I think you’ll be okay with this order. I sold my last rig and am driving my family’s hunting rig for the time being, a 99 XJ. I’ll be picking up my truck this upcoming week.
I've put next to zero cash into this rig as far as repairs is concerned. It's lifted with 31" ko2's and 15" dick cepek aluminum wheels. I'm only replacing it because it's over 200k on the speedometer and am starting to worry about reliability.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I've put next to zero cash into this rig as far as repairs is concerned. It's lifted with 31" ko2's and 15" dick cepek aluminum wheels. I'm only replacing it because it's over 200k on the speedometer and am starting to worry about reliability.
I was in a similar boat, although I had not had mine that long.

If you haven’t finalized your order, maybe consider reaching to my man Kent at Peterson Jeep in Nampa, Idaho.

Here is his email address, [email protected].

If you email him the pic above and the address the vehicle will be registered at he’ll give you the best price up front.

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
  • Banned
I was in a similar boat, although I had not had mine that long.

If you haven’t finalized your order, maybe consider reaching to my man Kent at Peterson Jeep in Nampa, Idaho.

Here is his email address, [email protected].

If you email him the pic above and the address the vehicle will be registered at he’ll give you the best price up front.
I'll do that now! I appreciate it greatly!

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
  • Banned
3000 under msrp at a local dealer is great in today's market.

My local dealers wanted MSRP or more. I ended up buying at a dealer in TN (Gupton) to save $5500 off MSRP. When I comes in, I will fly down and drive it 1000 miles home.
I love the idea of a road trip home after the pickup. Congratulations!

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I'll do that now! I appreciate it greatly!
You bet. Here’s full build sheet from my order. I think tread lightly isn’t a thing for the 2022’s, at least at the time being, but it’ll give you an idea of what to expect.

The other popular dealer out there is Gupton, but all the way in Tenesse It is quite a ways for us west coasters. If you snoop around this site You should find their thread.

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered a 2022 gladiator diesel. Did I do OK? 5B5D2ED3-45DC-42DB-8FF3-BF6A6DD4CE1B

Sponsored

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
You bet. Here’s full build sheet from my order. I think tread lightly isn’t a thing for the 2022’s, at least at the time being, but it’ll give you an idea of what to expect.

The other popular dealer out there is Gupton, but all the way in Tenesse It is quite a ways for us west coasters. If you snoop around this site You should find their thread.

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered a 2022 gladiator diesel. Did I do OK? 5B5D2ED3-45DC-42DB-8FF3-BF6A6DD4CE1B
$7k off seems crazy! I shot him an email. I'll let you know what he says

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
I’m headed of state to Peterson in Nampa as well. Short flight and an easy day drive back to Northern CA got me $7k under MSRP.

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
I’m headed of state to Peterson in Nampa as well. Short flight and an easy day drive back to Northern CA got me $7k under MSRP.
Jeeeez! Alright, I'm sold. I hope they can hook me up as well. Nampa isn't far from me.
I also hear lift kits need to be installed by the dealer to maintain warranty. Maybe I'll leave it with them to knock out the lift.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Jeeeez! Alright, I'm sold. I hope they can hook me up as well. Nampa isn't far from me.
I also hear lift kits need to be installed by the dealer to maintain warranty. Maybe I'll leave it with them to knock out the lift.
Lol, that’s been debated here. But I got the Mopar lift through them, it was like $2,000 installed.

They are also competitive with wheels and tires as well, as a bonus if you buy through them they will give you a $500 credit to keep your oem take offs.

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
Lol, that’s been debated here. But I got the Mopar lift through them, it was like $2,000 installed.

They are also competitive with wheels and tires as well, as a bonus if you buy through them they will give you a $500 credit to keep your oem take offs.
Not bad. I'm undecided if I want to keep them. Probably won't have much need for them if I go 37's with the 3.5" lift.
Sponsored