Just upgraded to the 8.4 but backup camera is not working

LoneMulw

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just bought a 8.4 it works great besides the back up camera. It was taken out of a jeep jl so I guess that’s why, something about it not having a digital back up camera like the jt has. I really don’t want to sale this one and buy another one so what I’m saying is how would I make this head unit connect to my back up camera? Is there something I can flash/install? Please help because I’m clueless it would be so appreciated!!! #jeepwave
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Another thread on here where someone had the same problem with a JL takeout radio. They had to get a JT take out 8.4 radio for it to work.

OP
OP

LoneMulw

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Another thread on here where someone had the same problem with a JL takeout radio. They had to get a JT take out 8.4 radio for it to work.
Right but I’m seeing if there is actually a fix to this instead of getting another head unit

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Right but I’m seeing if there is actually a fix to this instead of getting another head unit
Not sure anybody looks at this as being broken. You just bought the wrong radio.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Like @z0lt3c mentioned, wrong radio was bought. I get it, easy assumption to make that it should work but that is sometimes the breaks for early adopters who dive into such things.
Sponsored