First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Trucker
Just saw this on the k&n website for anyone looking for a cold air intake others then aFe

2C3132D6-35EE-4788-937C-72B55032A2C2.png
Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Honestly since this is the only available option I may give it a dry.

If you unbolt the lid you basically have unlimited flow to the filter so I dont see how any other intake will be any "better".

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I'm sure it will flow well, some people just don't like the K&N filters and the filter oil can be a problem. It's too bad they don't make a dry option.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure it will flow well, some people just don't like the K&N filters and the filter oil can be a problem. It's too bad they don't make a dry option.
It's not a matter of not liking them, it's just that there's scientific proof they pass a lot of dirt and the high flow they love to brag about so much fades quickly, much more quickly than other more conventional filters. I have charts showing how bad they are. I won't run K&N air filters on anything I want to take care of

Sponsored

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
It's not a matter of not liking them, it's just that there's scientific proof they pass a lot of dirt and the high flow they love to brag about so much fades quickly, much more quickly than other more conventional filters. I have charts showing how bad they are. I won't run K&N air filters on anything I want to take care of
For those reasons and others is why I went with the AFE. It's too bad it is taking them so long to get orders out.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine on. Not much power gain but there is slightly faster spool up.
Way way way more turbo spool noise but once spooled up thereā€™s no difference.

two things.

1: fit and finish are perfect and this thing has a foam pre filter. It breathes through the lid through the foam pre filter. If your worried about Kn not filtering enough you can oil and clean the pre filter often and like a dirtbike it will keep it clean.

2: the crankcase vent tube prodtrudes into the intake tube drastically this is likely to avoid throwing a CEL but either way itā€™s blocking a lot of airflow. We need to figure out if it can be shortened flush with the tube.

Sounds good and filters well plus added noise makes more fun.

E930529C-0ABE-4673-9D5A-419BC4A6C0D5.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If you say so. K&N has been proven to not only lose capacity faster, but filter worse than other filters tested. A pre-filter is only for larger pieces, doesn't filter the finer stuff, which will still get past the K&N as has been proven.
A prefilter keeps the larger debris out of the final filter, so doesn't help otherwise.

I like my engines too much.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
itā€™s a foam pre filter. If you oil it it will catch dirt as well as a dirtbike and Iā€™ve run uni foam oiled filters on all of them with zero dirt intrusion.

I know KN doesnā€™t filter the best and in fact a dirty KN filters better once loaded which is backwards but the truth. Over oiling also contributes to the bad reputation. Thereā€™s more KN filters on road than any other filters unless you consider OTR and genset/marine paper filters.

Iā€™m confident the Kn is the least of this engines problems. After reading about pump and dpf failures.

If you say so. K&N has been proven to not only lose capacity faster, but filter worse than other filters tested. A pre-filter is only for larger pieces, doesn't filter the finer stuff, which will still get past the K&N as has been proven.
A prefilter keeps the larger debris out of the final filter, so doesn't help otherwise.

I like my engines too much.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
S&B has a kit outā€¦and they have conical paper filters. At least they do for my Dodge kit.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
What's funny. At the power plant. We installed a new diesel engine emergency fire pump. It was a John Deere painted red and had a K&N filter from the factory.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
For those reasons and others is why I went with the AFE. It's too bad it is taking them so long to get orders out.
The Mishomoto one is the closest to factory one in comparison to the others, that would be the only aftermarket one Iā€™d go with to keep my engine safe.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
The Mishomoto one is the closest to factory one in comparison to the others, that would be the only aftermarket one Iā€™d go with to keep my engine safe.
Misashitymoto. There is horror stories of them on one forum. I will not buy anything more from those bastards.