Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm at just over 7300 miles on these and haven't rotated them yet because I had them mounted about 2,000 miles before my last oil change so I'll rotate them at about 10,000 miles. Specs on Greenballs website say these are 18/32 brand new and they were new when I had them mounted. I'm at 15/32 on all 4 tires front and rear and that seems pretty consistent all the way across the tire outside and inside from and rear both sides. 34psi cold and 36 when they warm up seems to be the sweet spot for these tires as far as how well they ride and wear it seems. I only have $1150 invested in them and I hoped to get at least 40,000 miles out of them when I had them mounted. That seems totally possible if they continue to wear at this rate. Just wanted to give a update. I'll update again at around the 15,000 mile mark.

PXL_20211217_231326367.MP.jpg

PXL_20211217_231326367.MP.jpg
Sponsored

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
Thanks for the info. I’ve been looking at these for a while now.

How is the road noise? I heard that they are pretty quiet

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I’ve been looking at these for a while now.

How is the road noise? I heard that they are pretty quiet
Almost as quiet as my other favorite tires, BFG KO2S. I am a huge fan of the KO2s, my last 5 sets of tires have been KO2s but I may have a new favorite if I can get the mileage out of the Kanati Trail Hogs. They are at the very least equal in performance to the KO2s and honestly I think a little better in the rain. Also about $700 cheaper for a set of 4 counting mounting and balancing.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
So I'm at just over 7300 miles on these and haven't rotated them yet because I had them mounted about 2,000 miles before my last oil change so I'll rotate them at about 10,000 miles. Specs on Greenballs website say these are 18/32 brand new and they were new when I had them mounted. I'm at 15/32 on all 4 tires front and rear and that seems pretty consistent all the way across the tire outside and inside from and rear both sides. 34psi cold and 36 when they warm up seems to be the sweet spot for these tires as far as how well they ride and wear it seems. I only have $1150 invested in them and I hoped to get at least 40,000 miles out of them when I had them mounted. That seems totally possible if they continue to wear at this rate. Just wanted to give a update. I'll update again at around the 15,000 mile mark.

Jeep Gladiator Kanati Trail Hog 37 12.5 17 update PXL_20211217_231326367.MP

Jeep Gladiator Kanati Trail Hog 37 12.5 17 update PXL_20211217_231326367.MP
So they're ok in the rain? We get some pretty heavy monsoons here. They are rated very well for rock crawling, mud, and snow, but interested in they're rain worthiness.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So they're ok in the rain? We get some pretty heavy monsoons here. They are rated very well for rock crawling, mud, and snow, but interested in they're rain worthiness.
So far so good in the rain for me. We have had some decent downpours over the last 3 months and they feel better in the rain than my BFG KO2s did and I'm a huge fan of the KO2s. Honestly I may have found my new favorite tire. If they last me 40,000 miles and I feel like they will and some, I'll probably keep buying them. The only thing that would prevent me from buying them again would be if I decide to regear and move up to 38's

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
So far so good in the rain for me. We have had some decent downpours over the last 3 months and they feel better in the rain than my BFG KO2s did and I'm a huge fan of the KO2s. Honestly I may have found my new favorite tire. If they last me 40,000 miles and I feel like they will and some, I'll probably keep buying them. The only thing that would prevent me from buying them again would be if I decide to regear and move up to 38's
Thanks. Yeah, I've used KO2s for years on my Tacomas, but have ordered a JTR and wanted to try them out. I didn"t find KO2s that great in the rain. There's no doubt the Trail Hogs are great in snow, which we get more of here in NM than you do in NC. I appreciate you getting back. Happy Trails.
Sponsored