First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Occupation
U.S. Army
Good morning, I recently purchased and installed the KB Voodoo VRS Overland rack with a total of seven accessory panels, the MaxTrax mounting brackets, awning mounting brackets, 5 gallon propane mount, tent roof bars, the sliding tray, and sliding tray door.

When I was looking for bed racks I wanted a bed rack that worked with the BAK X4S and the KB Voodoo one is advertised as such. I also wanted a bed rack that had a sliding tray or could have one handmade that worked with the rack. I have a wife, two kids, and a dog. Camping for us needs a lot of space.

I really like the bed rack and I think it’s really good quality. I don’t have much to compare it too I think it will serve our family very well. Everything I wanted to have mounted to the bed rack I was able to do. I’m really looking to seeing how it holds up in the long run going on tight trails and the humidity of the south. The rack itself is solid and when torqued correctly not a piece on it moves when shaken or tugged on.

Not everything’s perfect though. TLDR from the video in two paragraphs.

As detailed in the video, this bed rack in the configuration I have does not work with the BAK X4S. I knew in a couple months to a year I would be taking the bed cover off anyway for a fridge on a slide. So while I’m disappointed it doesn’t work for the time being I guess I just ripped the bandaid off.

Another thing is the awning brackets. It doesn’t push the awning away from the vehicle and with the angle of the support legs I can see it. Wing very tight on a RTT and may even determine which kind you can use.

Please watch the video and enjoy it if you are considering this bed rack. Hopefully it helps you in your choice.

2023 KB Voodoo VRS Install - Jeep Gladiator - BAK X4s

Sponsored

Sigz

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Just watched your video last evening after it got posted by randomly searching for JT bed rack videos.

Nice vid and explanation. I've had mine for a few months now and I really enjoy the rack. Just took it up to the UP of Michigan loaded with Kayaks and camping accessories.

I'm in talks with a metal fabricator to hopefully create a rear hatch to (enclose) the bed rack similar to the rebel off road rack since Kbvoodoo have no plans to do so.

The customer service when dealing with the company hasn't been too bad. They are pretty quick with replying to emails... but sometimes I almost felt like some of their replies they almost seemed annoyed to have to reply to some of my questions (even if they were basic questions).

OP
OP
GobiExploring

GobiExploring

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Occupation
U.S. Army
Just watched your video last evening after it got posted by randomly searching for JT bed rack videos.

Nice vid and explanation. I've had mine for a few months now and I really enjoy the rack. Just took it up to the UP of Michigan loaded with Kayaks and camping accessories.

I'm in talks with a metal fabricator to hopefully create a rear hatch to (enclose) the bed rack similar to the rebel off road rack since Kbvoodoo have no plans to do so.

The customer service when dealing with the company hasn't been too bad. They are pretty quick with replying to emails... but sometimes I almost felt like some of their replies they almost seemed annoyed to have to reply to some of my questions (even if they were basic questions).
That’s actually really cool you stumbled on it. I appreciate your feedback on the video too.

I’ve taken mine into Land Between the Lakes twice. It’s been a good addition.

I’d be curious to see if you do end up getting something created for the rear. I want to talk with a metal place about different awning brackets.

I feel your frustration with the customer service. Very quick but short answers.

Sigz

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
The 22" rack does look good!

Wish I had a pic of all of the gear (kayaks, paddles, camping stuff, fishing poles) etc strapped to it.

1.jpg

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
That’s actually really cool you stumbled on it. I appreciate your feedback on the video too.

I’ve taken mine into Land Between the Lakes twice. It’s been a good addition.

I’d be curious to see if you do end up getting something created for the rear. I want to talk with a metal place about different awning brackets.

I feel your frustration with the customer service. Very quick but short answers.
Check out Send Cut Send online if you don't have a go-to locally. You can design and order the brackets right on their website.

I have the older Max Modular rack I bought from a friend. I really like it overall. I don't have Max Modular awning brackets though. Whatever my buddy had put on it sticks out about another 3-4" and allows my awning to stick out far enough that the awning room works well.

How do you like their propane mount? I need to order two more top bars for my rack so was going to order the tank mount while I was at it.

OP
OP
GobiExploring

GobiExploring

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Occupation
U.S. Army
Check out Send Cut Send online if you don't have a go-to locally. You can design and order the brackets right on their website.

I have the older Max Modular rack I bought from a friend. I really like it overall. I don't have Max Modular awning brackets though. Whatever my buddy had put on it sticks out about another 3-4" and allows my awning to stick out far enough that the awning room works well.

How do you like their propane mount? I need to order two more top bars for my rack so was going to order the tank mount while I was at it.
I’ll check them out and see what they have. It’s not a necessity right now but in the future it might be. It’s good to hear yours sticks out a little farther.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your rack. I really enjoy this one so far too.

The propane mount is really nice. The tank sits in there really good. The strap it comes with is really tight. I had to use a drill to unscrew it to wrap the wire in the back slots. I think it will serve the purpose really well.
Sponsored