KC vs Hella

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
First time buying off road lights. Im about to pull the trigger on a pair of kc gravity pro 6 lights for a fairly decent price. But I remember as a kid my pops always went with "Hella" lights on his trucks. Does anyone have any experience with both (in LED)? Does anyone have any opinions on which is better and why? Any experience with the company/warranty etc? All help will be appreciated. And lastly does anyone have any pictures of Hella or KC on their rigs? Thank you
Sponsored

MACulberson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2018 Dodge Challenge Hellcat, 2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I went with LED KC Daylighters on mine. No complaints here. I don’t have experience with Hella.

208A8F22-2BDF-477A-816B-5D6BDE3432CD.jpeg

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
If you’re in the market for high performance LEDs, you should also consider Rigid Industries. They’re expensive, but they are high quality.

ron168

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubi, '20 JT Rubi LE, '17 GLS63
@TRI-JAB Has a nice setup of KCs on his Rubi. I wish they had them as fogs in amber in the PRO6. I grew up with Hellas so interested what options there are here....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Southbayglad

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
@TRI-JAB Has a nice setup of KCs on his Rubi. I wish they had them as fogs in amber in the PRO6. I grew up with Hellas so interested what options there are here....
His set up looks good. That is the route I will be going as far as the bumper (Have the rr Arcus).

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had ran KC daylighters back in the day and put KC's on the front & cowl and have Hella in the back of the bed. I'm happy with both.

20191231_125834.jpg

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Funny you should mention the amber for the PRO6. I just ordered amber covers for the PRO6’s yesterday. I can’t wait to see how they work.

OP
OP
Southbayglad

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
I had ran KC daylighters back in the day and put KC's on the front & cowl and have Hella in the back of the bed. I'm happy with both.

20191231_125834.jpg
Damn that looks good! They're attached to the overrider? The look of that alone makes me wanna go the kc route.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Damn that looks good! They're attached to the overrider? The look of that alone makes me wanna go the kc route.
Yes they are attached to the brush bar/bull bar/ overrider or whatever you want to call the bar on the bumper lol.

Sponsored

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I've got the KC Gravity Pro 6 on mine, and I can say that they are absolutely amazing. This weekend we took the Jeep to Austin around Lake Travis, and I used them on the trails around the lake. I've never seen anything so bright! I also think the hard covers give the truck a distinctive look when on.

mrbUv8y.jpg

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of these. How did you attach them? Brackets?
My bumper already had a mounting plate with holes so the install was super easy.

KentuckyCatFan

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Hydro Blue Overland
I've got the KC Gravity Pro 6 on mine, and I can say that they are absolutely amazing. This weekend we took the Jeep to Austin around Lake Travis, and I used them on the trails around the lake. I've never seen anything so bright! I also think the hard covers give the truck a distinctive look when on.

mrbUv8y.jpg
Did you put both on the same switch or split them by light type?
Man they look great-

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Did you put both on the same switch or split them by light type?
Man they look great-
Thank you! I'm using the Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank, and each of my different lights are set to a different switch. KC AUX 1, Dually D2 Pillar lights AUX 2, Front bumper light bar AUX 3 and Rear Chase rack D2 lights AUX 4.
Sponsored