Sponsored

Kenitic energy rope retrieval.

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
At Jeep Camp the other week I was trying to pull a guy out of a mud hole. He had a recovery strap on one of his rear hooks, I had it looped to one of the hooks on my front bumper of my JT sport s.
I was in 4hi,traction control off, he's in deep mud, I was in shallow soft ground.

As soon as the strap was taught and I stepped on the gas, the engine bogged down, like traction control was on. No tire spinning in reverse at all.

I tried again making sure traction control was off, couldn't get any wheel spin even though I wasn't in an optimal traction situation.

Anybody know what was going on?
It's possible that it does not completely disengage traction control until you are in 4lo. I have not gotten to go out and play with mine yet since I have been working out my warranty issues.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It's possible that it does not completely disengage traction control until you are in 4lo. I have not gotten to go out and play with mine yet since I have been working out my warranty issues.
good point, i didn't even think to go to 4lo, i figured with traction control off, it would be......OFF!

sometimes these safety controls are annoying. if you figure it out, let me know.

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pumpkin Gladiator/ 2007 Steel Blue JKU
Occupation
Pastor
good point, i didn't even think to go to 4lo, i figured with traction control off, it would be......OFF!

sometimes these safety controls are annoying. if you figure it out, let me know.
It would also be better if possible to pull forward in your lowest gear... towing and reverse should only be done for lighter loads... Ring and pinion strength is much greater towing when you are in forward gear. Sometimes we can't turn around... but if you can... it is better to hit it with any sort of speed in your forward gears tugging folks out.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It would also be better if possible to pull forward in your lowest gear... towing and reverse should only be done for lighter loads... Ring and pinion strength is much greater towing when you are in forward gear. Sometimes we can't turn around... but if you can... it is better to hit it with any sort of speed in your forward gears tugging folks out.
thanks for that info, didn't know that. I could have backed in too. Nobody at this gathering told me not to do it the way i was trying, lol.
Sponsored