Kev’s Build - Overland 35s / 3.5” Lift

KevMOK

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
This is the start to my build. Red 2020 Gladiator Overland. I don’t expect to go nuts, but when I get into something, it’s hard for me to stop. so, we’ll see.

I also want to help others. I’m not afraid to admit, been a little stressed about the right wheel and tire sizes and type of and amount of lift. I’ve looked at so many pics and videos, etc. I finally feel like I got some great advice (or concurrence) from 4W Parts). I was still nervous going to pick it up today. You’ll see in a bit. I’m stoked!

So, here’s the original and I’ll start posting the mods.

Really - fire off any questions, measurement requests, etc. I’m really happy with my decisions and may be able to first help you with lift, wheels and tires.

BD0DD1C0-A1EB-44D0-93F4-C04552AC11BC.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
KevMOK

KevMOK

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Tires - I knew I didn’t want to go over 35s. I’ll be on the trails, but also my daily drive. So for me, I was always comfortable with tire size

Wheels - As soon as I saw the Teraflex Nomad wheel, I knew it was my wheel.

Lift - this was tough and stressful. So much disinformation about measurements, differences in Rubicon vs Overland and Sport....Still don’t know if I have all the answers, but got comfortable with simple measurements from axle to fender / and gap from tire to fender, etc. I went with Rubicon Express 2.5” / 3.5” lift (Coils / Fox Shocks, Adj trk bar, new sway bars links with disconnects)

My goal was to have an aggressive look, without the tires looking too tucked in, but nothing silly either sitting too tall. I think we nailed it!

84E516DA-DCAF-4616-9721-11A3608FD06C.jpeg

0DAA8DB8-D2A0-4CFF-87DD-F6AB301A85B9.jpeg

BC677AEA-BB1B-4CD1-8F04-7D364F4F4BD6.jpeg

OP
OP
KevMOK

KevMOK

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
35” KO2s - absolutely no street noise

Lift - feels great so far, suspension a little stiffer, but I like the feel

MPG - my avg was 18.7 at 500 miles before the lift, wheels and tires. I’ll update down the road

Next bigger mods - probably bumper and rails. I’m waiting for some better options for rails. Taking my time too for the right bumper. Will likely add the stock Rubicon rear corner guards. I’ll do a number of small things in the meantime.

OP
OP
KevMOK

KevMOK

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Couple small touches

7809576E-450D-4AA9-8F8B-E162088D06F2.png

4D76374B-111F-470B-93A4-94F755C190DA.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY

Sponsored

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
This is the way I want my truck to set. I really like staying with a 35 but I need more fender/tire clearance. So you are 2.5" in the front and 3.5" in the rear? I'd like to keep my rake the same or eliminate it all together while lifting it.

The truck looks great BTW.

OP
OP
KevMOK

KevMOK

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
This is the way I want my truck to set. I really like staying with a 35 but I need more fender/tire clearance. So you are 2.5" in the front and 3.5" in the rear? I'd like to keep my rake the same or eliminate it all together while lifting it.

The truck looks great BTW.
Thanks - I started with a 2 inch rake on the overland. The lift was a 3.5” front 2.5” rear kit but I’m actually left with maybe 1/2” higher rear. They got it nearly level. I’m really happy - came out exactly like I wanted

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
OK that makes more sense. The way it was written it seemed like the smaller lift was in the front. I misinterpreted it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KevMOK

KevMOK

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Waiting for some more choices on rails and narrowing down front bumpers. Focused the last week on refreshing my recovery gear, tools, etc, I’ve made full use of storage under back seats, behind back seat and under 2 front seats

OP
OP
KevMOK

KevMOK

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Btw, looks like I’ve lost about 2 mpg after 500 miles on the new suspension, wheels and tires. I’m at total of 1,000 miles now I’ve leveled out at 16.8 mpg - probably only 30% of time on highway

OP
OP
KevMOK

KevMOK

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
What gearing do you have ? 3.75 or 4.10
The Overland 3.73. I don’t feel any difference with the 35s compared to the stock wheels and tires. Haven’t done anything too difficult on trails yet and feels fine and decent power for now. We’ll see how it goes.