First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Interesting fact. Left the Jeep running locked doors walked away. Asked wife to go the truck. I unlocked it from at least 50' away wanted to see if she could drive it away without the key fob in it. Sure as shit. Drove away. No key in truck!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Yup.
Most vehicles with an, "Electronic Key," will do that. But it won't restart if turned off.
I had my local Mercedes dealer tell me he had a customer that left his fob in Spokane, and drove to California without it.
He just didn't turn off the motor.

Kevin

Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yup red light is on and fine, the remote that was in the car has the same strength and patter of red light as the one that was at home.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting fact. Left the Jeep running locked doors walked away. Asked wife to go the truck. I unlocked it from at least 50' away wanted to see if she could drive it away without the key fob in it. Sure as shit. Drove away. No key in truck!
That's a known thing. IT can't be restarted, but there are safety reasons it can be driven without interruption otherwise.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
Along with this - has anyone been able to turn off the *annoying* 3 honks when the fob leaves the vehicle while on? I've looked through the menu and disabled what I thought was it - to no success.

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
Along with this - has anyone been able to turn off the *annoying* 3 honks when the fob leaves the vehicle while on? I've looked through the menu and disabled what I thought was it - to no success.
I'd like to know also the 3 honk drives me nuts. If you own a tazer mini you can turn it off not sure about jscan though about calling my local dealer to see if they can do something about it.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
I had considered that because the fob has to be near the button when starting the engine, and shouldn't work if outside the cab, that it must be made very sensitive. So after thee years of using it a slight drop in voltage may effect the ability to function. So after 4 to 6 weeks of using the fob to push the button I went and bought an Energizer battery and it started working again.

PS I don't know squat about electricity.
Sponsored

Last edited: