Key Fob "issue"

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
I suppose it's not much of an "issue" than it is a small rant. WHAT-THE-F**K-.....Seriously, what was FCA thinking when they designed the key fob remote!? It's not a flippin' cell phone. Lock, unlock, remote start, panic. Thats it. We've had 'em for decades now. Whyyyyyyy did they have to make this one so comically huge!? On my very first test drive when the dealer handed the remote to me, i literally froze and looked at him expecting everyone to laugh as if it was some sort of "just kidding!" joke or something.

That being said, i thought I'd also include a question that may help make this thread more than just a waste of space. How are all of you dealing with it? From an old man stand point (and I'm not actually an old man yet have old man tendencies-haha) I used to have my small normal-ish sized key fobs, on a keychain, with 4 or 5 other keys for house, safe, garage, shed etc....and it would stay in my pocket while out and about no matter what. This monstrosity makes me want to leave it on a bookshelf, or maybe propped up on an entertainment center like a framed photo. Has anyone come up with any good ideas other than just keeping keys on a separate keychain and having it all in your pockets?? Am i missing something? Is there some sort of modern day techy stuff that allows a driver to leave it locked safely in the truck? (Not sure how that would be possible without an external keypad for access though i suppose?)

Ok ok, done....rant off. Thanks a lot FCA. Haha.
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I suppose it's not much of an "issue" than it is a small rant. WHAT-THE-F**K-.....Seriously, what was FCA thinking when they designed the key fob remote!? It's not a flippin' cell phone. Lock, unlock, remote start, panic. Thats it. We've had 'em for decades now. Whyyyyyyy did they have to make this one so comically huge!? On my very first test drive when the dealer handed the remote to me, i literally froze and looked at him expecting everyone to laugh as if it was some sort of "just kidding!" joke or something.

That being said, i thought I'd also include a question that may help make this thread more than just a waste of space. How are all of you dealing with it? From an old man stand point (and I'm not actually an old man yet have old man tendencies-haha) I used to have my small normal-ish sized key fobs, on a keychain, with 4 or 5 other keys for house, safe, garage, shed etc....and it would stay in my pocket while out and about no matter what. This monstrosity makes me want to leave it on a bookshelf, or maybe propped up on an entertainment center like a framed photo. Has anyone come up with any good ideas other than just keeping keys on a separate keychain and having it all in your pockets?? Am i missing something? Is there some sort of modern day techy stuff that allows a driver to leave it locked safely in the truck? (Not sure how that would be possible without an external keypad for access though i suppose?)

Ok ok, done....rant off. Thanks a lot FCA. Haha.
There's a thread somewhere where people are swapping the guts to a aftermarket key fob that's smaller

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
7AEYwVLh.jpg
Jeep Gladiator Key Fob "issue" {filename}
Sponsored