Sponsored

Keyless and Cruise Control intermittent Failure @ 6500 miles...

Spcbl1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Mojave, 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Occupation
IT Director
Yesterday while I was out and about enjoying the New England Spring weather, i started having issues with my Keyless entry and Key FOB. Aside from its size, it was randomly not working. Of course i thought this strange that a vehicle that is only 5 months old would already have a failing battery in the Key FOB. Anyhow it worked enough to get into the vehicle at one point and get it started. As I was driving down the highway I attempted to then use the Adaptive Cruise Control, All of a sudden my dash lights up with all sorts of warnings about the adaptive cruise being unavailable and even regular cruise control being unavailable. Now I am getting a bit anxious as to what is going to happen next.. Well, all of a sudden the Radio decides to reboot itself while i'm driving down the highway, no notice, warning, etc, just reboots to the JEEP screen. Fortunately I made it home, I powered off the vehicle locked it and stepped away for a few moments. When i went back to the truck, started it and took it for a test drive everything was working as it should without issue... And has been working fine all day today as well, keyless, cruise, radio, etc. I made an appointment with my dealer to scan and check everything, but figured I would hit up the forum to see if anyone else has experienced this as well. Or if anyone has any idea what may be causing it, my guess is BCM, but why the radio reboot, and why so intermittent?
Sponsored