Keyless enter and go

ejdonato

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Bought the sport S and it came with the keyless entry. The dealer did what they call 'black out package' and now it doesn't have the keyless enter and go. I can unlock it using the fob, but I guess the feature where you just touch the handle to unlock is gone. Is this just program that can be fixed?

20200730_134902.jpg
Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen a lot of people confused about this, and rightfully so. Jeep did a great job of creating confusion through the use of similar names.

What you’re thinking of is Remote Proximity Keyless Entry (Touch the door handle and it unlocks). This is NOT an option that is available on the Sport S. You have simply Keyless Entry which means you can unlock via the unlock button on the key fob.

If you really want it.... There have been a few posts of people managing to buy all the parts and take apart the doors and install it on the side, but dealers don’t do this.

On a side note, flash some pictures of those “gloss” black mirrors and door handles. I’m intrigued! Ive been contemplating ways to keep them from fading over time. I’ve considered vinyl wrap and body matching paint.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen a lot of people confused about this, and rightfully so. Jeep did a great job of creating confusion through the use of similar names.

What you’re thinking of is Remote Proximity Keyless Entry (Touch the door handle and it unlocks). This is NOT an option that is available on the Sport S. You have simply Keyless Entry which means you can unlock via the unlock button on the key fob.

If you really want it.... There have been a few posts of people managing to buy all the parts and take apart the doors and install it on the side, but dealers don’t do this.

On a side note, flash some pictures of those “gloss” black mirrors and door handles. I’m intrigued! Ive been contemplating ways to keep them from fading over time. And I’ve considered body matching paint.
Bet you are right - "keyless entry" simply means the fob button, no key.
Proximity means you don't even have to TOUCH the fob - you walk up to the truck, touch the back of the handle and it unlocks.

Keyless means press a button
Proximity means - touch only the door handle.

I failed to note the SPORT part............

OP
OP
ejdonato

ejdonato

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
is the proximity keyless part of a package?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's only available on the Overland and Rubicon I believe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ejdonato

ejdonato

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I see, thanks for the reply! Ps. I will snap a pic in the morning and send it.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
is the proximity keyless part of a package?
It is it’s own package, the sales code is GXD. It‘s not one you’ll find bundled with other packages.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
Bought the sport S and it came with the keyless entry. The dealer did what they call 'black out package' and now it doesn't have the keyless enter and go. I can unlock it using the fob, but I guess the feature where you just touch the handle to unlock is gone. Is this just program that can be fixed?

Jeep Gladiator Keyless enter and go 20200730_134902

If the dealership did this modification then it can be restored by installing back the proper handles but can you send me your VIN and a photo of the drivers handle they installed please.

- Benny

Sponsored

OP
OP
ejdonato

ejdonato

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S

On a side note, flash some pictures of those “gloss” black mirrors and door handles. I’m intrigued! Ive been contemplating ways to keep them from fading over time. I’ve considered vinyl wrap and body matching paint.
Jeep Gladiator Keyless enter and go 20200811_082105
Jeep Gladiator Keyless enter and go 20200811_082119

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@ejdonato so I guess they actually had the plastic mirrors and handles painted?

Looks sharp I’d like to get the black plastic stuff painted myself so it doesn’t fade. I was looking more towards a satin so it didn’t stand out too much like it doesn’t now. Yours is cool though, it’s almost like the altitude versions they put out.
Sponsored