First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Off-roader, fisherman
After reading many threads of folks here having their rigs stolen, it’s pretty appalling how easy it is to steal a Jeep. Found a reply that recommended the 41.22 kill switch and recently received mine.

Some folks on that thread asked I post my experience

Finally got it installed today - super simple and took about 45 minutes to make it tidy. Run a wire through the hole in the firewall, hook up a ground wire to the body, mount the control box and replace the relay. Adding a picture below so you can see a few of the details.

switch works as advertised.

Yes, I know this too can be defeated by a pro, but I’ll wager most doing this are not pros and anything that makes it harder is a good thing.

check it out at https://41twentytwo.com/product/vehicle-kill-switch/

IMG_9764.jpeg
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Where’d your route your switch? Wonder if this would make sense to add to aux switch as to avoid having to run another wire into the cab.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OldSarge

OldSarge

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Off-roader, fisherman
Where’d your route your switch? Wonder if this would make sense to add to aux switch as to avoid having to run another wire into the cab.
It comes with a wire that neatly goes right through the firewall on the drivers side. I do like the Aux switch idea - no reason I can see that wouldn't work. Naturally, I've used all of mine already with all the accessories on the JT.

That said, it was super easy to feed the wire through the existing OEM grommet and there are many places to hide the switch in the cab.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
A word of caution - if the smart battery system decides the state of charge or voltage is too low, the OEM aux switches can be overridden and made unavailable. If your kill switch depends on seeing that aux switch turned on, you could get stuck with enough charge to start just fine, but unable to activate the kill relay

Backup plan would be, swap out for the normal dumb relay in that case? I've hit this condition often enough that running the wire seems like less of a pain

OP
OP
OldSarge

OldSarge

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Off-roader, fisherman
Wow, great info! Thanks

CJRAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S max tow
I've been looking at different products and/or options to do this, and that looks like a good product, but from what I've read, you can pull the start button switch panel and connect a toggle switch to one of the wires coming off of the switch, and it'll do the same thing, for $10-$15. I haven't done this yet, so I could be wrong, it's happened once before.

Sponsored

MaximusTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Willys, 23 Rubicon 392, 88 Samurai
I've been looking at different products and/or options to do this, and that looks like a good product, but from what I've read, you can pull the start button switch panel and connect a toggle switch to one of the wires coming off of the switch, and it'll do the same thing, for $10-$15. I haven't done this yet, so I could be wrong, it's happened once before.
There are a few options. This is for people that do not want to mess with cutting or splicing into the factory wiring harness. This one is plug n play and easily reversible if needed.

OP
OP
OldSarge

OldSarge

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Off-roader, fisherman
There are a few options. This is for people that do not want to mess with cutting or splicing into the factory wiring harness. This one is plug n play and easily reversible if needed.
Yes, exactly, and for under $100, its hard to beat.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
couple questions:
1 if the aux battery has been deleted will the aux switch conflict still occur?
2 is there a way to set this up so that remote start would still work but not allow the vehicle to be " turned on" & driven away without without the aux switches being triggered ?

I haven't tried the pin to drive feature on my tazer yet so if anyone knows about remote start there Id appreciate that info as well

OP
OP
OldSarge

OldSarge

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Off-roader, fisherman
If switch is off, Jeep won’t start period, so no remote start will not work. FWIW, I have deleted my aux battery.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
couple questions:
1 if the aux battery has been deleted will the aux switch conflict still occur?
2 is there a way to set this up so that remote start would still work but not allow the vehicle to be " turned on" & driven away without without the aux switches being triggered ?

I haven't tried the pin to drive feature on my tazer yet so if anyone knows about remote start there Id appreciate that info as well
Aux switch and aux battery aren't necessarily related. The aux switch issue is when battery voltage is low enough the system goes into sort of a self-preservation mode. There's a voltage threshold for those aux switches and even if the main battery is too low - but may still crank and start the vehicle, they won't operate.
So it's still possible to be stuck............even with the aux battery delete.
I've hit this condition often enough that running the wire seems like less of a pain
Yeah, I'd not rely on the aux switches - stuff can happen. A very simple switch is pretty much fail-proof. Many ways to hide one.
Sponsored