Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
Hi all,
I’m new here. Been comparing the Clayton Off road 2.5 kit to Evo’s Enforcer Plus stage 4 kit like I’ve a lot of people on here have as well. Clayton definitely seems more enticing due to cost but That’s a whole different thread. I’m a big fan of King shocks and you can obviously get the evo spec king shocks with their kit, but if i wanted a less expensive route, anyone know how the Falcon 3.3 compare to king, or even Fox?

If there’s already a good thread on this shoot it over.
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We've received a lot of great feedback on the 3.3's with our Overland+ Kit. Usually we see most opt for the Fox 2.0 Performance Series due to the lower price and the shocks themselves seem to fit right in sweet spot of customers soft/firm expectations. The Falcon shocks have been gaining popularity with our kits however and the ability to adjust these and get them dialed in exactly how you like is huge advantage. If you have any questions at all feel free to PM us here or give us a call! (203) 691 8593

OP
OP
GRAVLER

GRAVLER

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
We've received a lot of great feedback on the 3.3's with our Overland+ Kit. Usually we see most opt for the Fox 2.0 Performance Series due to the lower price and the shocks themselves seem to fit right in sweet spot of customers soft/firm expectations. The Falcon shocks have been gaining popularity with our kits however and the ability to adjust these and get them dialed in exactly how you like is huge advantage. If you have any questions at all feel free to PM us here or give us a call! (203) 691 8593
Thanks for the feedback. In general, Falcons are known to be a little stiffer at slower speeds, correct? Coming from a Ford F-150 with Icon 2.5 Coilovers which were a little stiff for me, i'm looking for something a little softer for the Gladiator.

OP
OP
GRAVLER

GRAVLER

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
If you have any questions at all feel free to PM us here or give us a call! (203) 691 8593
Also, Since I have you here, and this should be in a different thread but seems like your 2.5" kit gives non-rubicons a generous 1-2" more height than claimed. Would 37" easily fit under that lift, and additionally does this lift alone still result in quite a bit of rake in the front? Would a spacer be recommended in the front to remove rake like the mopar 2" kit requires.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Also, Since I have you here, and this should be in a different thread but seems like your 2.5" kit gives non-rubicons a generous 1-2" more height than claimed. Would 37" easily fit under that lift, and additionally does this lift alone still result in quite a bit of rake in the front? Would a spacer be recommended in the front to remove rake like the mopar 2" kit requires.
So as for the shocks, I've heard from some guys that the Falcons do fall towards the more performance/stiffer side of things, but with the 3.3's they have been able to dial them in just how they like. If you're looking for something softer right out of the gate, something like the Fox 2.0 might be a good option for you as well as these tend to fit most daily driver/weekend warrior build setups and I usually hear nothing but good things about them when paired with our kits. I don't think you can go wrong with either though!

For the lift height, it's not that it's actually lifting the vehicle any higher than it would a Rubicon model, but it gains more lift than a Rubicon model would due to the different starting points for each, however both are left at the same height once the lift is installed without taking into consideration steel bumpers or anything like that. Hopefully that makes some sense I know it's a little confusing. When measuring from the rear, you'll probably see about 3.5" gained on a Sport/Sahara model, and on a Rubicon model you would see about 3".

Technically yes you can fit 37's with the 2.5" kit, however this is not what we would recommend as there would be some minor rubbing on a Sport/Sahara model, and 3.5" is where we would typically recommend those vehicles to be in order to clear 37's perfectly.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with or even try to explain better!

Sponsored

OP
OP
GRAVLER

GRAVLER

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
So as for the shocks, I've heard from some guys that the Falcons do fall towards the more performance/stiffer side of things, but with the 3.3's they have been able to dial them in just how they like. If you're looking for something softer right out of the gate, something like the Fox 2.0 might be a good option for you as well as these tend to fit most daily driver/weekend warrior build setups and I usually hear nothing but good things about them when paired with our kits. I don't think you can go wrong with either though!

For the lift height, it's not that it's actually lifting the vehicle any higher than it would a Rubicon model, but it gains more lift than a Rubicon model would due to the different starting points for each, however both are left at the same height once the lift is installed without taking into consideration steel bumpers or anything like that. Hopefully that makes some sense I know it's a little confusing. When measuring from the rear, you'll probably see about 3.5" gained on a Sport/Sahara model, and on a Rubicon model you would see about 3".

Technically yes you can fit 37's with the 2.5" kit, however this is not what we would recommend as there would be some minor rubbing on a Sport/Sahara model, and 3.5" is where we would typically recommend those vehicles to be in order to clear 37's perfectly.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with or even try to explain better!
Awesome, yea makes complete sense. I'll probably be ordering the 3.5" from you in a couple weeks then and throw in the sway bar Quicker Disconnects. You're probably right that the Fox 2.0 would be adequate for me for now. Those kings would stroke my ego a bit but are most definitely more shock than I would need. Thanks for all the info. Have any sales coming up?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Awesome, yea makes complete sense. I'll probably be ordering the 3.5" from you in a couple weeks then and throw in the sway bar Quicker Disconnects. You're probably right that the Fox 2.0 would be adequate for me for now. Those kings would stroke my ego a bit but are most definitely more shock than I would need. Thanks for all the info. Have any sales coming up?
I don't think there are any sales coming up in the next few weeks, but definitely PM me and I can get you your forum discount codes!

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I’ll put my .02 in. Fox 2.0’s are a good mono tube but are just a step up from factory. I have the falcon 3.3’s in the sp2 version. They are a great resi shock but they can ride firm if you set it that way. Kings... well you know... one of the better tuned shocks on the market. They are worth the money and you won’t go... “damn I should have bought better shocks” imo
Sponsored