Sponsored

Know of any frameless soft tops in the works?

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if Bestop, Sierra Offroad, Rampage, or any company is working on a frameless top for the Gladiator? Back seats would likely press against the rear window slightly, but this is something I would use for summer months; be way easier than swapping between the current Mopar soft top when hardtop is off, look better than the Mopar, likely way cheaper than the Mopar soft top option too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I was actually thinking of something similar. The Gladiator roll cage could probably have some simple supports bolted / clamped to it that could support a soft top. I would not need to fold it down, just simply take it off and then fold it up.

I am going to bring mine to a local boat canvas shop to see if they can come up with something.

OP
OP
robinja

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Canvas shop is a great idea. I had a local one fabricate a custom top for me years ago.

I see lots of sun bonnets and shades online, but nothing in bowless/frameless.

I would think other than a built in clamp down header and some easy mount channels above doors and down the back it could easily be put together for 1/3 the cost of buying a Mopar soft top.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Defender NAS Soft Top -

I like how this uses the safari cage as the frame for the top.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
very interested in a frame less soft top. Haven't been able to find anything.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I started a thread a month or two ago about the after market soft tops being none existent. Learned that bestop actually produces the current mopar top and had no plans of making another one. Then the bestop rep on this forum piped up and asked what we would want and a lot of folks added some great ideas and suggestions, to include a frameless option. The rep said they took it to their management, so fingers crossed we may see something soon!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I started a thread a month or two ago about the after market soft tops being none existent. Learned that bestop actually produces the current mopar top and had no plans of making another one. Then the bestop rep on this forum piped up and asked what we would want and a lot of folks added some great ideas and suggestions, to include a frameless option. The rep said they took it to their management, so fingers crossed we may see something soon!
Still interested. I bit the bullet and bought a factory soft top and it was a bit of a pain to install. I love how it functions and can’t see how goofy it looks from the driver seat.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Still interested. I bit the bullet and bought a factory soft top and it was a bit of a pain to install. I love how it functions and can’t see how goofy it looks from the driver seat.
yea im slowly saving for one. Hoping another option appears while im saving but my hopes aren't high.
Sponsored