Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Interesting....

I apologize for linking to these clowns, but the under hood walk around was what i wanted. Small centrifugal, but the positioning of the parts and a real plan for sealed airbox is money. And the pricepoint...wow. Gonna research the quality of their tunes...dont know a thing about them/never heard of them in the jeep world before this. (Which means little to nothing, really)

Sponsored

Last edited:

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Kraftwerks is legit. They have been around for a good while in the import scene and their kits are dead reliable! They also make decent power too!

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Kraftwerks is legit. They have been around for a good while in the import scene and their kits are dead reliable! They also make decent power too!
Yeah they were historically. It looks like itll be a while until their kit is ready, and no carb approval, though. Im guessing power wise they will come in around 450crank.

The advantage i see is their pricepoint and packaging underhood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Called KraftWorks today. Theyre making 360-370whp range. Parts cost will be about $4,700 and then tuning supplied by Jestr Tuning or Mags Tuning. The Jestr file is the one they will be submitting for CARB EO. Mags Tuning is making a file for a 10lb pulley and more power. Tuning plus tuner is a separate purchase direct from the tuning supplier.

Lots of things about the KraftWorks look good: no alternator relocate, high flow or sealed airbox option, divorced sc belt, large ic, etc.... but i take it with a grain of salt any time a company tells me they are quote “going to knock out CARB approval here soon” but their JK kit isnt approved yet. Ripp is “CARB EO PENDING” back to like 2015.

So far, Edelbrock is the only company to have CARB EO/EPA approval and the only company to provide transmission tuning. Be interested to see what comes of KraftWorks’ efforts and of Magnuson here soon.

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Called KraftWorks today. Theyre making 360-370whp range. Parts cost will be about $4,700 and then tuning supplied by Jestr Tuning or Mags Tuning. The Jestr file is the one they will be submitting for CARB EO. Mags Tuning is making a file for a 10lb pulley and more power. Tuning plus tuner is a separate purchase direct from the tuning supplier.

Lots of things about the KraftWorks look good: no alternator relocate, high flow or sealed airbox option, divorced sc belt, large ic, etc.... but i take it with a grain of salt any time a company tells me they are quote “going to knock out CARB approval here soon” but their JK kit isnt approved yet. Ripp is “CARB EO PENDING” back to like 2015.

So far, Edelbrock is the only company to have CARB EO/EPA approval and the only company to provide transmission tuning. Be interested to see what comes of KraftWorks’ efforts and of Magnuson here soon.
Did you happen to get details on which Supercharger unit they are using? looks like a rotrex c38-91/92. I wonder if they could do a C38R unit. Combined with my forged internals and upgraded headstuds you could easily run 500-600whp with the c38-92 or the c38r

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Did you happen to get details on which Supercharger unit they are using? looks like a rotrex c38-91/92. I wonder if they could do a C38R unit. Combined with my forged internals and upgraded headstuds you could easily run 500-600whp with the c38-92 or the c38r
I think you’ll need more transmission to run that power? But forged internals?!?!? Thats Awesome. Raising the roof at all?

The unit will be a Rotrex; dont quote me but i think he said a C30-94? Im not familiar with Rotrex trim specs. Given that it seems about the same power as Ripp on their Vortex v3si, Im guessing its a relatively big blower for this motor.

Edit. Looks like a moderate size blower Id guess you could also just spec a larger size since they are a rotrex dealer.

Not being familiar with rotrex, is there an advantage to their unit over the vortech unit found in Ripp?

Im not convinced theyll get 50 state legal/epa/carb on it. Their jk kit still isnt carb approved.

Last edited:

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I think you’ll need more transmission to run that power? But forged internals?!?!? Thats Awesome. Raising the roof at all?

The unit will be a Rotrex; dont quote me but i think he said a C30-94? Im not familiar with Rotrex trim specs. Given that it seems about the same power as Ripp on their Vortex v3si, Im guessing its a relatively big blower for this motor.

Edit. Looks like a moderate size blower Id guess you could also just spec a larger size since they are a rotrex dealer.

Not being familiar with rotrex, is there an advantage to their unit over the vortech unit found in Ripp?

Im not convinced theyll get 50 state legal/epa/carb on it. Their jk kit still isnt carb approved.
Its likely the c38 - 91/92. That unit is good for ~28psi and ~500-600whp. The C38R is about 1" longer front to back. It will max out around 35psi and good for ~800whp. outside of that their measurements are practically identical from the drawings. 50 state legal is a racket. california's regulations are specifically design to make the process extremely costly and difficult. for example each kit could cost more than $50k to $100k+ just to get the certification if not more. There is that much b.s. involved.

The biggest advantages is the planetary gear design and the mode of operation. Hands down for its size it is way more efficient and doesnt sound like a barrel full of rocks at idle... once you hear both of them you will appreciate that feature!

AS for the transmission I am looking into some partners for that. Pure Drivetrain solution has already done some great work with the ZF transmissions and would be my likely go to for that.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Its likely the c38 - 91/92. That unit is good for ~28psi and ~500-600whp. The C38R is about 1" longer front to back. It will max out around 35psi and good for ~800whp. outside of that their measurements are practically identical from the drawings. 50 state legal is a racket. california's regulations are specifically design to make the process extremely costly and difficult. for example each kit could cost more than $50k to $100k+ just to get the certification if not more. There is that much b.s. involved.

The biggest advantages is the planetary gear design and the mode of operation. Hands down for its size it is way more efficient and doesnt sound like a barrel full of rocks at idle... once you hear both of them you will appreciate that feature!

AS for the transmission I am looking into some partners for that. Pure Drivetrain solution has already done some great work with the ZF transmissions and would be my likely go to for that.
Yeah youll need a trans work and axles probably. I dont think thats the blower he said, but i dont know rotrex as i said and didnt write it down. Be curious to see what it ends up being.

Carb is a racket, but its real life now. We havent pushed back on california politics enough, and now 17 states are signed onto it. Epa is on the war path, and its just the way it is now. If i get stationed in a carb state or have to go abroad again, i have to have my vehicle pass inspection or im fucked. Im also not sure what this fascination is with companies trying to run such big blowers. I guess it sells?? The TVS 1900 of the magnuson kit is the stock size blower on a zr1 or cts-v for fuck’s sake. You dont see much compressor efficiency advantage over the 1320 until north of 18psi. Its just crazy.

Looking forward to seeing your build get done though. Sounds like youre going all out and will need a bug blower.
Sponsored

Last edited: