First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Is anyone aware of any Jeep Clubs in KY?? I’ve found Derby City Jeeps, but not anyway to contact them. Most info that I have found is several years old.
Sponsored

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 JLUR, 1997 Wrangler Sport
I began looking by watching YouTube trail riding in Kentucky. I want to at least spend a weekend wheeling with a group in Kentucky. Okay many different weekends.

Hopefully someone will chime in on this one. Maybe others from Ohio will get in on this as well. Maybe some camping?

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
The Louisville Jeep folks seem to still be active. They had a ride planned at the Dirty Turtle off road park in November but cancelled due to weather.

Several Jeep owners I met say they go wheeling in Red River Gorge, might be a group out that way.

Of course we could start our own!

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon LE
Several Facebook Groups for Kentucky Off Roading, but I don't know any specific ones for Jeeps. People are constantly going to the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway. I'll be there Saturday.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Several Facebook Groups for Kentucky Off Roading, but I don't know any specific ones for Jeeps. People are constantly going to the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway. I'll be there Saturday.
Let us know how it went; sloppy, I expect. I want to check it out but would like to avoid the muddiest sections if poss (whenever I get a JT, that is). I'm not a guy that seeks out the mud; I do not understand that at all but to each their own.

Sponsored

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon LE
Let us know how it went; sloppy, I expect. I want to check it out but would like to avoid the muddiest sections if poss (whenever I get a JT, that is). I'm not a guy that seeks out the mud; I do not understand that at all but to each their own.
Yeah...didn't go. I thought it would be way too wet too. I don't mind some, but figured it would be too much today.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Way too wet? I went up some old mining/logging roads after a rain and it was great. But not at DBBB
check out some YT vids of the DBBB. Some very wet areas. Actually, I wonder how much of it is doable in a stock JTR. I've never been on any of it, or spoke with anyone who has.

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Lately I've found cards on my Jeep from a group called Zombie Crawlers. Their members carry them around and if they see a nice Jeep in a parking lot they'll leave a card on it. I haven't joined yet. Really don't have a lot of time at the moment.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
check out some YT vids of the DBBB. Some very wet areas. Actually, I wonder how much of it is doable in a stock JTR. I've never been on any of it, or spoke with anyone who has.
Maybe we can meet up and hit the trails sometime. Organize a JT/Wrangler meetup.

And yes, I have seen several videos. Itching to go!

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can only imagine what the Spas Creek section is like right about now, just judging by what I've seen online. I do know a guy who has run that area on a dual purpose motorcycle, but haven't had a chance to talk to him about it much. I got the impression that if ya don't like mud, think twice.

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon LE
A stock JTR would be fine for certain trails in the DBBB in normal conditions.

As mentioned above, Spaas Creek is notorious for being difficult in wet conditions. But most of Fixer-Leeco Rd is fairly easy.

I go by myself most of the time. If I run into difficulty, I turn around. I don't have my winch installed yet. Once I get that put on, I'll be a little more adventurous.

There are people running DBBB every weekend. You just have to watch the Facebook Groups and ask if you can tag along when you see someone saying they will be there. I haven't seen anyone tell someone else no yet. Everyone is pretty friendly.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A stock JTR would be fine for certain trails in the DBBB in normal conditions.

As mentioned above, Spaas Creek is notorious for being difficult in wet conditions. But most of Fixer-Leeco Rd is fairly easy.

I go by myself most of the time. If I run into difficulty, I turn around. I don't have my winch installed yet. Once I get that put on, I'll be a little more adventurous.

There are people running DBBB every weekend. You just have to watch the Facebook Groups and ask if you can tag along when you see someone saying they will be there. I haven't seen anyone tell someone else no yet. Everyone is pretty friendly.
Good stuff, man. Thanks.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@eight13design[/USER[SIZE=4]] [USER=21764]@futzin' @NateKY @WXman @Argenti Decimus and others in the area

I have reached out to Ethan Cloud at Overland Objective LLC. He does several trails around the region, including Cumberland Falls, Daniel Boon Backwoods Byway, Ringo Branch (zip code 40322), and the KAT. He says he took folks out to Slade around 6 times last year, and is deciding between offering a partial/complete tour of DBBB or partial KAT, as well as some trails around Land Between the Lakes. Hopefully we can all meet up. I've also joined several groups on the book of faces to see what is available.

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib....2192893,7.75z/data=!4m3!8m2!3m1!1e1?hl=en-US
[/SIZE][/USER]

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 JLUR, 1997 Wrangler Sport
That sounds good. I will need to start searching some camping areas near by those places. I was stationed at Ft Campbell back in 1992-1996, I liked land between the lakes.
Sponsored