First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Hey guys I'm planning to go up to Land between the lakes for memorial Day weekend. I wanted to see if anybody was interested to join I have a couple spots that I'd hopefully like to camp at going from south to North and making our way to go check out the bison and elk prairie. If anybody has any experience in that area I'm happy to get some tips I'm new to Tennessee and the general southso I haven't really had the chance to check anything out around here yet
Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Any decent trails in that area? I was eying it one year, but decided not to go.

OP
OP
AXISJT

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Any decent trails in that area? I was eying it one year, but decided not to go.
From what I have seen there seems to be a lot of great ones. Some are simple forest roads others can be more challenging. But there is some amazing camping on the lake. I don't know all the trails but I have a few parts marked out to camp and plan to work south to North going up to go check out the bison and elk prairie.

Gunrunner72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ, 2002 HD Deuce, 2013 Corvette Z06, 2015 F-350, 2016 HD StreetGlide, 1980 CJ-7(sold), 1989 Cherokee(sold), 1985 CJ-7(sold)
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey
Turkey Bay OHV has trails ranging from easy to extreme and will keep you busy for a full day, easily. The whole area is very nice. Be sure to hit Patti's for a good meal while you're there.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I grew up close by. It's a really nice area. Turkey Bay is the off-road area. There are other unpaved roads, but you can't go "off-road" outside the OHV portion.

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
Except for some hunting areas, you can camp pretty much wherever you want, but your vehicle has to stay on established roads.

Outside of Turkey Bay, the road numbering generally indicates how good of a road it is. The 100-series roads will be paved or well-groomed gravel. Some 300-series roads are pretty gnarly.

Even though it's pretty large, it's generally well-patrolled, so don't think you can get away without paying camping fees. Their website has all the info you need about the different camping fees.

I can attest that Verizon cell coverage is generally pretty poor.
Sponsored