2021 Gladiator Sport Willys

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
I'll try to offer something constructive given the total absence of details: I think this forum over-emphasizes things like Cash Managers, Jeep Cares, Customer Care, or anything corporates. This isn't an airline or a bank, it's a very de-centralized industry. I am not defending dealers (most suck!) but if you're not getting good traction on a repair, you should invest more time bugging your dealer versus Jeep corporate. Anyone at Jeep corporate who actually cares isn't in any position to actually do anything to help you, and I think that's a somewhat common misconception.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
I'm a realist. Science, medical studies show I am likely to have a 13 to 20 year shorter life due to my situation. At 64, I know I likely don't have a lot of time.
I've already survived things that should have killed me. I've beaten the reaper multiple times.
I'm a realist. It's how it is.
Speaking of, I remember earlier this year when you went off the grid for about 2 months and the whole forum was pretty worried about you. I believe there was a lot of sleuthing to make sure you were ok. Since you're a frequent poster, and generally have informative and interesting things to say, you were missed. Take care @ShadowPapa. Keep on truckin on.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of, I remember earlier this year when you went off the grid for about 2 months and the whole forum was pretty worried about you. I believe there was a lot of sleuthing to make sure you were ok. Since you're a frequent poster, and generally have informative and interesting things to say, you were missed. Take care @ShadowPapa. Keep on truckin on.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/where-is-shadowspapa.41146/

124 posts! haha we were all really confused / concerned

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I'll try to offer something constructive given the total absence of details: I think this forum over-emphasizes things like Cash Managers, Jeep Cares, Customer Care, or anything corporates. This isn't an airline or a bank, it's a very de-centralized industry. I am not defending dealers (most suck!) but if you're not getting good traction on a repair, you should invest more time bugging your dealer versus Jeep corporate. Anyone at Jeep corporate who actually cares isn't in any position to actually do anything to help you, and I think that's a somewhat common misconception.
I'll also posit that more of the dealers are fairly level headed when it comes to service and warranty but the bad ones get all the press. I expected a bit of a hassle for my RMS leak given how many horror stories I read about dealers demanding deposits or voiding warranties for dirt. Instead I got it fixed in a day with out even a second glance other than to admire my lift and tires

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hey! That's sung to the Rawhide Theme Song! Man that brings back memories.
I KNEW that among Jeep people, there HAD to be those who love fishing of one type or another. That - and the "Trolling trolling" in the song just made me laugh - "I had to do it".

Anyone at Jeep corporate who actually cares isn't in any position to actually do anything to help you, and I think that's a somewhat common misconception.
Not an argument or contradiction, at least not meant to be....... I've had positive experience with JeepCares and my truck. I had a really bad tonneau cover experience with mine. Dealer said "they are all that way" so I did my own research with the help of some VERY helpful members who made pictures of their own JT factory tonneau cover available. I took pics of mine with my 8' level, with pools of water, and with ice on it, and provided my dealer's response to the trouble to JeepCares. They bumped it up to higher ups and I was contacted directly. I was told to go back to the dealer and if there was any pushback have the shop call that number.
While I was dealing with the service writer (who was not all that great for things like that) and we were going back and forth - I mentioned JeepCares, their online presence in this forum (which seemed to get some attention) and suggested he call the number. I had already given them the pics, and the support person who contacted me had them as well.
While talking to the service writer - another fellow in the shop walked by and interrupted him and said "yeah, I've heard of this - they have a whole team dedicated to this sort of thing" and mentioned a few other things........ anyway, next thing I know they worked with whoever that number was and a star case was opened up and I was told a whole new tonneau cover was being ordered.
One other time I mentioned "JeepCares" and their online support and suddenly things were "yes sir".
Anyway, just my experience.
I know every case, every situation is different. There IS only so much they can do - no one can force a dealership shop to do anything but apparently there's SOME sort of leverage?????? Maybe?
JeepCares has absolutely helped me (and developing a relationship with the shop has helped, too)

I flat out tell them that when they do great work, I pass it along and make it known.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
OP gave us all popcorn but said "no butter"!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Oddly enough, I mentioned to my wife "doing the math, looks like we could hit 50, maybe even 60 years together" and she responded "assuming you live long enough". Boy, that felt weird.
I made my comment because last night after being married almost 33 years, we finally had a simple, small, marriage in her church.
I will be in Israel for a couple of weeks next month - so likely no emails, no forums, no fakebook, whatever.

Now back to your regularly scheduled trolling, sleuthing, fixing broken stuff, being amazed (and amused) at the crazy things coming out of shops, etc.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
I KNEW that among Jeep people, there HAD to be those who love fishing of one type or another. That - and the "Trolling trolling" in the song just made me laugh - "I had to do it".

Not an argument or contradiction, at least not meant to be....... There IS only so much they can do - no one can force a dealership shop to do anything but apparently there's SOME sort of leverage?????? Maybe?
JeepCares has absolutely helped me (and developing a relationship with the shop has helped, too)

I flat out tell them that when they do great work, I pass it along and make it known.
I think this is really fair. My post was probably too strong. Jeep Cares does have some power, and I think like in your example where rules were being violated or you were being told something objectively false, that was more in their wheelhouse. Now, I do also think the "I've heard of this - they have a whole team dedicated to this sort of thing" comment is relevant too - I think that remark sets something of a ceiling on the role of Jeep Cares, in as much that while they exist not all techs have even heard of them (but some have!).

I guess to clarify, where they seem less able to help are times when a dealer is being slow to diagnose a problem, or slow to implement a repair, or there's been a diagnosis or repair and the customer isn't satisfied. I see threads along the line of "my Jeep has [a noise or vibration or something else tricky to diagnose] and the dealer won't fix it right" and people appeal to Jeep Cares. But as I understand it, in the servicing dealer has assessed the vehicle and properly entered in a "we couldn't reproduce" or "we fixed it" into their system, it doesn't seem like Jeep Cares is really empowered (and maybe shouldn't be) to just take the customer's word and force the dealer to start over. That's the sort of situation, especially where dealer comms have just plain stopped, where I think being a (polite but firmly persistent) squeaky wheel locally helps more than relying on corporate.