O

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
And fakebook let it stand? Wow. I'm surprised it wasn't flagged as false or misleading.
And posted the same on the JL Wrangler forums. 🤪
Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Unlike OP’s Jeep (maybe?), this thread has exceeded all expectations. It’s amazing what the JT community can achieve.
Jeep Gladiator O 1632482759376

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Last time I played racquetball, it involved filling it with gas, lighting it on fire, and kicking it up and down the street on fourth of July. Cops were called, we dispersed, and all our parents asked us if we knew anything about it. Nope! Don't know anything. Huh? No mom, my sneakers always look melted and smell like napalm. duh.

Oh crap, someone mentioned wisdom here. I'll show my way out.
My mother wouldn't have minded as long as we didn't ruin shoes (pretty expensive on their budges) - instead of kicking gas filled balls down the street, we built tennis ball cannons. About 5 or so beer (or pop) cans, cut both ends out of all but one.
The one you left the ends on, use a nail and punch a hole in one side next to the bottom. Then tape them all together end to end, with the intact can being the bottom can, all the others taped to the top.
Squirt lighter fluid in the hole in the bottom can, shake it just a bit, drop a tennis ball in the top, light the fluid through the hole - BOOM, that thing would go a city block.
The task was made easier by the fact that our mother supported our doing it, furnished the tape, matches, etc. and when we ran out of lighter fluid, we'd borrow some change from her and ride bikes to town to buy more.
We used firecrackers to shoot soup cans clear up almost out of sight in the sky - firecrackers furnished by - yup - Mom and Dad. They furnished the soup cans as well.
Damn that takes me back to when I was 22. Bachelor. Had a buddy that a really nice 3 level townhome his mom paid for. She made me pay her $300 a month. We partied every weekend all weekend with 30-100 people, it was wild. We also had a lot of bad ideas…I remember we got a crap ton of fireworks and had a bunch left over. One Sunday night were all drinking and thinking about stuff to do. Me and a few others decided it would be a GREAT idea if we take all the fireworks, cut them open and pour out all of the gunpowder into a tennis ball. 🎾

So we do and we fill this thing to the brim with gun powder and toss in a wick. Next day we’re all ready to go and light it. So we take it to a park and go under a bridge and we light it and we run giggling like school girls.

Jeep Gladiator O 1632489407141

It sounded like a bomb went off, I’ve never heard anything so loud 😂 We also didn’t really plan it very well because it was an express highway and the smoke was so bad it billowed out and completely engulfed the highway and nobody could see so everyone was coming to a screeching halt from 80MPH. We ran so fast and laughed so hard, thankfully nobody got in an accident.

Let me know if you want to know about that one time my sister and I thought it would be a good idea to hang a dummy we made off a bridge with a rope around his neck. That poor cop. 😯

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Peach cobbler with ice cream. Or as my former coworker would say, "a la monde"

I did the whole tennis ball filled with gasoline thing too! It shot out a 4 ft flame and let out a roar before we freaked out and smothered it. We used to take apart the long strings of fire crackers and set them off individually to make it last. The fuses on some of those things were extremely short.

Nowadays karma has returned the favor in spades and my neighborhood sounds like something out of a WWII movie for a week 2x a year.

Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
My mother wouldn't have minded as long as we didn't ruin shoes (pretty expensive on their budges) - instead of kicking gas filled balls down the street, we built tennis ball cannons. About 5 or so beer (or pop) cans, cut both ends out of all but one.
The one you left the ends on, use a nail and punch a hole in one side next to the bottom. Then tape them all together end to end, with the intact can being the bottom can, all the others taped to the top.
Squirt lighter fluid in the hole in the bottom can, shake it just a bit, drop a tennis ball in the top, light the fluid through the hole - BOOM, that thing would go a city block.
The task was made easier by the fact that our mother supported our doing it, furnished the tape, matches, etc. and when we ran out of lighter fluid, we'd borrow some change from her and ride bikes to town to buy more.
We used firecrackers to shoot soup cans clear up almost out of sight in the sky - firecrackers furnished by - yup - Mom and Dad. They furnished the soup cans as well.
Ah, the good ole days when parents weren't afraid of their own shadows.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Why pie is better than cake

some light reading

Also…does anyone really put a slice of cheese on their pie? Ive always sorta wondered what it tastes like…aside from apples and cheese.
My dad talks about this. I brought it up at work and no one had heard of it besides the guy from Mississippi

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else watching Ryder Cup?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My dad talks about this. I brought it up at work and no one had heard of it besides the guy from Mississippi
The cheese has gotta be a regional thing. No one around here does it.
In Iowa with the country folks, the German population, etc. - It's often served with ice cream -
pie à la mode

The term originally was "fashionable" or "Stylish" but became to describe pie with ice cream.
French term - Pie à la Mode meaning "pie in the current fashion" or "fashionable pie"

Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
12 pages of suspense, and we still don't have an answer or no why the OP is so upset. If this was a novel, I would have given up by now and moved on to another book! Must say the posts have been fun to read.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
12 pages of suspense, and we still don't have an answer or no why the OP is so upset. If this was a novel, I would have given up by now and moved on to another book! Must say the posts have been fun to read.
I usually skip to the last half dozen pages on a book - the problem is that the final chapter hasn't been written yet.

Time for the time machine and zip forward a few weeks.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
12 pages of nonsense , and we still don't have an answer or no why the OP is so upset. If this was a novel, I would have given up by now and moved on to another book! Must say the posts have been fun to read.
There, fixed it for ya.
Seems it still has a was to go yet.